Hacking virgin wii 4.1u and want to update to 4.2u. how?

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no advantages to update to 4.2.
4.1 version got all advantages u need.
But,, if u wanna do that, use ModMii, in wizard mode and follow step by step.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Virgin wii as in not hacked? And you're asking if you can make it 4.2 while keeping it "virgin"? Is that it?

I'm confused by what you're trying to do/accomplish... If you want to hack the wii, 4.1 is as good of a version to do it on as 4.2 (use the modmii guide sticked to the top of the forum). If you don't want to hack the wii, why not just go to the latest version?

phillyguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i would like to hack but Not sure if 4.2 and better than 4.1.. If 4.1 is better than ok i hack in 4.1. Thanks i will window modmii

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to put the bootmii installer's boot.elf in the root of the sd card. Then go to sd card channels. You can get that from bootmii.org.

Edit: Brain fart there.... it's bootmii, not hackmii.... same guys...

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
dont forget bootmii.org was dow these days. so u didnt get hackmii files during ModMii download!
just download again and all will be fine this time. www.bootmii.org is up again
Dont forget to check if all files were download before starting
good luck

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phillyguy said:
i try to hack the 4.1u using the modii for window, and it freeze. i cant even get pass the sd card loading

i did the same thing a few days ago. you go to the sd card menu, the little sd icon on the bottom. it freezes if you try the old way.

but like everyone above me was saying as well, there is no need to go to 4.2. I'm on 4.1 and will be for a long time. just update the system ios files (be careful when touching ios60).

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
phillyguy said:
i try to hack the 4.1u using the modii for window, and it freeze. i cant even get pass the sd card loading

i did the same thing a few days ago. you go to the sd card menu, the little sd icon on the bottom. it freezes if you try the old way.

but like everyone above me was saying as well, there is no need to go to 4.2. I'm on 4.1 and will be for a long time. just update the system ios files (be careful when touching ios60).
You do that in 4.2. The old way works in 4.1.
Like someone else said, it's because Hackmii had been down for a few days. Therefore the installer wasn't downloaded, and Bannerbomb is crashing because it can't find anything to boot.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Bannerbomb v2 works on 4.1 as well, so in theory it could work by going to the SD card menu.
But it might also be that the bannerbomb version is the wrong one for your wii, if so you need to goto the bannerbomb site and get the next one.
I don't know if missing files cause it to crash.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Bannerbomb v2 works on 4.1 as well, so in theory it could work by going to the SD card menu.
But it might also be that the bannerbomb version is the wrong one for your wii, if so you need to goto the bannerbomb site and get the next one.
I don't know if missing files cause it to crash.
It gives him an error about loading boot.dol/elf. Meaning that it's likely that the Hackmii installer is missing.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Krestent said:
It gives him an error about loading boot.dol/elf. Meaning that it's likely that the Hackmii installer is missing.
Right, I missed that post
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.