virgin Lu11 4.1U problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hempin, Dec 20, 2009.

Dec 20, 2009

virgin Lu11 4.1U problem by hempin at 4:54 AM (1,695 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. hempin
    OP

Newcomer hempin Advanced Member

United States
    hello all and thanks off top. following xzerox's guide, i installed everything without a problem... Or so it seemed until i tried to play a backup that doesnt recognize in the disc channel and i get the (dvd 574 error) when trying to play through backup launcher..any ideas why. when viewing the error list index, it reads that the error is either an out of date IOS or a bad iso..which it plays on 3 other wii's and they've all been done using the same guide. (so how could it be an outdated IOS) except the fact that this was a virgin 4.1u and the rest were 3.3 and up. Hmmm..

2. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Is it a brand new wii? If so, it likely has a D3-2 drive which can't read burned discs. If you really want to play burned DVDs on it, you'll need to buy a new drive.

If it's an older unit (early-mid 09 and older), try reinstalling cIOS.

3. hempin
    OP

United States
    is there a way to tell if you have a d3-2 drive?

4. techboy

United States
    Not without taking it apart.

If you bought it brand new and it came with 4.1, it has a good chance of having a D3-2. Get a USB Loader to play backups on it.

5. hempin
    OP

United States
    i appreciate it hempin.. is there a way to tell if it's been modded if i purposely bricked it in order to get 3.3 virgin wii?

6. techboy

United States
    Quite a few of refurbed wiis sent back from N these days are coming with D3-2s in them. The firmware doesn't matter, its the chipset on the drive.

Bricking it and sending it in hopes of getting an old wii is not really a good idea. Your best option is to either install a new drive yourself and sell the D3-2 on ebay, or to use a USB Loader.

7. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    get a USB loader, it cheaper for you and healthier for your wii in the long run.

8. hempin
    OP

United States
    thank you all for your input. problem is is that with the d-32 you cant play dvd's either. and knock on wood but i havent had a refurb that had a d3-2 drive yet. is there away to tell if it's been modded on the new wii's? thought i saw something like that in a post. either way, i refuse to open the console and take a chance of voiding the warranty because i'm not to crazy about the chip scene. i respect it but find it highly exspensive to one by one replace parts.i havent got to that stage yet.. lol sure it will come one day.