Hacking virgin lauch-day wii

happydance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
today i've been presented the weirdest wii to softmod.. i belive it has to be in system menu 1.0 lauch-day wii... dunno but that because there's no version number on the wii settings... can't copy games to/from the sd card, can't aslo backup/install channels from the data management options, wii shop/forcast/news channels don't have images yet.

it's a PAL wii, RVL-001 (AUS) LAH1000XXXX[1]
drive IC is panasonic CG2-DMS

can't do any banner bomb since no channel selection on the data management
can't do twilight hack since i can't copy save files on the wii

only option for me is update this to a higher version and do the hacks available there, is this the only solution?
i don't know if someone might be interested on the nand backup (might be useful), or run some test of this one so i'm being causious on this one

need some feedback, before i softmod this one

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will most likely have to update to a later version, as I cannot see anyway to soft mod it without, the Channel/Save - copy/move/paste function.
frown.gif

Get some more advice, as I am not the best advice giver when it comes to soft mods (though I have done more than 5).

Rise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Get a game with an update on it (mario galaxy has 3.1 if i remember correctly, NSMB has 4.1), or update via nintendo to 4.2.

Then banner bomb it
smile.gif

chose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, I think Bushing was looking far a 1.0 system menu nand backup. You should try to contact him ASAP, maybe he could find something really useful in it.

At least, don't update it until you contact him, this could be big
tongue.gif

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you don't see a System Menu Version Number, then, yes, you do have System Menu 1.0. You may as well update, considering Homebrew on the most recent firmware, 4.2X, has almost 100% functionality. You can then run the bannerbomb exploit and install Homebrew Channel.

happydance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
4.2 update from niity was my last resort, most of my disc are for US wii. i belive i will get a semi brick if update from my disc.

still waiting for my brother to return my wii that has a modchip, just drop him a call a little while

can i inject a hbc dol or the hackmii instller dol to a game? then run it via disc channel with the aid of the modchip

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only way you would get a semi-brick from a game is if you update through the disc channel with a game from a region different from that of your Wii. However, if you use StarPatch, you can enable Region-Free gaming.

Uh, inject a dol to game? Not worth your time. Bannerbomb v2 will work with 4.2X guaranteed. You can then load the HackMii Installer with the exploit.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
chose said:
If you have super smash bros ,you can use stask smash right away without updating in fact. You only need a sd card for it.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Smash_Stack
Super Smash Bros. Brawl requires IOS36, which never came preinstalled for launch-day Wiis. An update is needed to run Brawl, and it's really best to not update such a Wii just yet.

As stated above, I would highly suggest talking with a member of Team Twiizers to check if they have any interest in the Wii. Don't ask them about how to hack it though (and don't even mention softmodding).

Injecting a DOL is overkill to get homebrew. I would suggest using Super Smash Bros. Brawl to update your Wii to System Menu 3.1, and getting the Homebrew Channel from there.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If you have super smash bros ,you can use stask smash right away without updating in fact. You only need a sd card for it.
Erm, it has an update on the disc. He'd need to install that update to get IOS36 to make the game run. I believe the game has 3.1 on it...If he just wants to softmod, an in-region brawl update would do.

Anyway, injecting a DOL (say, Loadmii) and trucha signing the disc might be a way to run brew on 1.0...If you try it, be sure to use brickblocker to remove the update from the disc.

If anyone has a System Menu 1.0 WAD or NAND dump of a 1.0 unit (with keys), PM me. Menu 1.0 is the only thing not in my collection, so I want it, even if it's worthless and is only for completeness.

EDIT: Took too long once again. Dialexio beat me...

happydance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the reply!

for a ssbb comes in to my mind and just to found out right here the answers why it won't work.

okay i'll think i'll just hang on to this one until i contacted the guru's

any advice on how to get a nand dump from this one in its current state and only disc loading via modchip is available?

got another question, since it came with a SM 1.0, it is safe to assume that it can have bootmii as boot2 in the future?

chose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, lauch day wii are able to get bootmii boot 2 since they have all the flaws available. As for smahs stack or any other exploit, you could try running it trough gekco os, as it disables te updates and SHOULD be able to run it, but really, ask bushing first.

I guess launch day wii are really rare nowaday, so there is surely something to do about it.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Running through Gecko OS defeats the purpose. He doesn't have any homebrew to run Gecko OS to install homebrew....

If you put a chip in (or swap the drive from your chipped wii), you might be able install homebrew using the old Homebrew Channel install ISO (google for it). Burn it, then put it in and start it. The ISO is of the old Beta8.

If you get HBC installed, install cIOS, then run something like YawND to get the NAND, or WAD Creator to pack the system menu and IOS9. Not sure what good they'd be though. TT likely doesn't care about 1.0 menus, although I would love to play with them if you get them (got bootmii/boot2 here, so no brick risk).

chose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually i was more referring to making a homebrew boot disc with gecko os, but the homebrew channel iso would actually be his best bet i guess.

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You could use an infectus chip to dump the whole nand
smile.gif

If you dont want to buy an infectus chip then you could get the dvd drive from your chipped console and put into the 1.0 system menu wii then use the homebrew channel installer.iso that the other have talked about. Then run the latest hackmii installer through HBC beta 8 and install bootmii as boot 2 and update HBC then dump the nand using bootmii then beep Bushing
smile.gif

happydance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
is info bootmii org still works? tried contacting this address and my mail faild to send, it was rejected or something like that (of course i change to @ and to . )

as for the for the moment no method still owrks to get hbc.

i just installed my other drive with d2c pro modchip (with right setting for my region)

tested:
-HBC beta 8 iso US/PAL version (can't belive i still have a backup of this one)
-loading SSBB update removed (blackscreen, i belive i got no IOS 36)
-freeloader w/ SSBB (blackscreen)
-SSBB w/ ios changer set to ios9 (loads but black screen before the creating save prompt)

any ideas how can i change the HBC beta 8 iso to use what available IOS that is present on a system menu 1.0? is that even possible and what IOS are there present.

sorry for so many question.

@ techboy

thanks for reminding me bout YawND, that was exactly i'm looking for and can't find the right words to use at google since i forgot the name and bootmii became so popular to use a a nand backup/restore app

just hope will got a reply from hackmii

chose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What happened when you ran the HBC disc? Black Screen?

Try this: Get a wad of IOS36 and HBC from somewhere (or dump from a working wii). Use wwPacker to change IOS used by HBC wad to IOS36 if needed. Install IOS36 and HBC wad using a disc of Wad Manager 1.5. Select IOS9 as the IOS to use for Wad Manager.

Once you have HBC, update HBC and install bootmii. Make a NAND dump, install cIOS rev14 if you have not already, then use WAD Creator on the system menu and IOS9. Quite a few of us are interested in those two wads, including me.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16