Vintage games or emulation on N3ds or 3Ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Aglae Pheryl, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Hi,

Now that one of the kids' consoles is running a9hl & gateway I am wondering if there are vintage/emulated systems that I could try (might be the thing that finally gets me to buy a console for myself).

I was thinking playing VSC2600, Coleco, Vectrex, C64, Amiga or let's be crazy Mame...

Is this something we can expect? I don't know what I'd give to be able to have a portable 1st gen Xbox so doing about the same on 3ds would sure make my days more fun.

Thanks.

2. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    why would i tell you stalkers where i live?
    You could try RetroArch, it has tons of different emulators (cores) that you can try. I don't think there's an Xbox emulator for 3ds.

*Side note* you would be able to get better emulation speeds on your phone than in your 3ds

3. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
  4. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    There is a Nes emulator at the moment that looks very promising.

5. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Feb 25, 2014
    France
  6. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Well, I downloaded the C64 package into a BreadBox folder under the 3ds folder on the sd card. Then I installed the cia file using FBI.
    I also created a c64 folder at root and inside this folder created another one called games. I put Paradroid.d64 into it.
    Now, when I run BreadBox & press start I can browse to the folder & select the game but when I try to run it, the console crashes and restarts.

Any idea what I did wrong ?
    Thanks