Vindictus slower after install of new PSU?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by xakota, Mar 18, 2011.

Mar 18, 2011
  1. xakota
    OP

Member xakota GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The game never ran amazing, but it ran surprisingly smoothly if i put it on everything lowest settings. But I just installed a new 500w Cooler Master PSU (old one was a 200w generic) and it seems to run slower and lag more. I know I'm not imagining it. Here's the only thing I can think of that could be causing it. When I looked at my motherboard, I was surprised to see that it took a 24-pin, but the PSU had a 20-pin plugged in, leaving the other 4. The new PSU I got was a 20+4, so I figured I'd plug in the whole 24. But the thing was, I plugged in the 20, and the extra 4 would seriously not fit. So I figured the old one had 20 and I just left it. Now this is happening and I'm wondering if that's the problem, because my graphics are integrated.

Thoughts?

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    It's not a good idea to starve the motherboard. First, take out the 20-pin ATX connector, then have a close look at the arrangement of the 20+4 connectors. Normaly there's a lil notch to help align them properly - make sure that's right first before trying to reconnect to the motherboard.

3. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    I seriously spent half an hour trying to put a power supply in a neighbor's computer, just because there was that separation in the connector. Try again on getting that extra bit plugged in; it's a pain in the ass, sometimes, but probably something that ought to get done.

4. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    20+4's usually fit together FIRST then plug into the motherboard.

The 4 pin on mine kept popping out, so I put a dot of superglue and stuck the two together.