Hardware Vindictus slower after install of new PSU?

xakota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game never ran amazing, but it ran surprisingly smoothly if i put it on everything lowest settings. But I just installed a new 500w Cooler Master PSU (old one was a 200w generic) and it seems to run slower and lag more. I know I'm not imagining it. Here's the only thing I can think of that could be causing it. When I looked at my motherboard, I was surprised to see that it took a 24-pin, but the PSU had a 20-pin plugged in, leaving the other 4. The new PSU I got was a 20+4, so I figured I'd plug in the whole 24. But the thing was, I plugged in the 20, and the extra 4 would seriously not fit. So I figured the old one had 20 and I just left it. Now this is happening and I'm wondering if that's the problem, because my graphics are integrated.

Thoughts?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
It's not a good idea to starve the motherboard. First, take out the 20-pin ATX connector, then have a close look at the arrangement of the 20+4 connectors. Normaly there's a lil notch to help align them properly - make sure that's right first before trying to reconnect to the motherboard.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously spent half an hour trying to put a power supply in a neighbor's computer, just because there was that separation in the connector. Try again on getting that extra bit plugged in; it's a pain in the ass, sometimes, but probably something that ought to get done.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
20+4's usually fit together FIRST then plug into the motherboard.

The 4 pin on mine kept popping out, so I put a dot of superglue and stuck the two together.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.