Vii Guitar (datel) For Nintendo Wii

RoD131

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
There are two 3rd party guitar hero controllers (dunno if they work with Rock Band) in DX.
They're probably not as good as the official and Datel ones, and they are more expensive, but it may come out cheaper, if you include the shipping cost.

PEGA Wireless Guitar Controller

Crazy Guitar Controller

Anyway, I have an official guitar for the PS2, and I now got a PS2toUSB converter, so I'll check if it can play on Guitar Hero/Fun on the Wii. Probably not, but worth trying.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the one made by Nyko and have checked out a different one that I saw in WalMart the other day. I believe that this was also on the shelf next to them.

Everyone do yourselves a favor and stick to the official Activision brand guitars. They are FAR superior in quality to ALL of these third party ones.

Even though I have two guitars for Wii now, one that came bundled with GH3 and the Nyko Frontman, I will be buying a World Tour guitar for the Wii to replace my Nyko. Hopefully they either release the World Tour guitar separately or in a bundle of just the guitar and the game because I don't want the drum set, but I'll get whichever is available without the drum set when it comes out.

The extra $15 or so is worth it. Trust me.

Oh, and RoD131, you can't use the USB controller guitars for Guitar Hero on the Wii, it only looks for Wii Remote input. Sorry.

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Soooooo, has anybody found a place to buy these in Germany yet?
I've been contemplating getting the DX ones, but I'd much prefer buying it at a brick-and-mortar store or at least a German online shop, just in case warranty issues arise. I wouldn't wanna have to ship a huge guitar all the way to HK.

Shad0wguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pasc said:
QUOTE said:
*No batteries required – powered by Wiimote.
=> the battery are in the wii-mote, so it is a contradiction... silly Datel.

It does make sense. Look at the frontman Nyko makes. Not only does it use the Wiimote for power but also requires 4 AAA batteries too.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fat D said:
to all americans looking for the price advantage:
in Europe, games and accessories cost about as much in Euros as their American counterparts cost in dollars, as European pricing includes taxes, which are higher, and various other increases in price. So for us Europpeans, a €40 guitar is not like a $60 guitar. Imagine if you could get one for $40.
This guitar is manufactured in the EU, though, so we might actually get decent quality for that price.
Not that I'm interested in this product. It's almost shaped like a penis.

chrisino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I bought one from Ebay here in the UK for £35.00 inc postage. The guitar works great and hasn't malfunctioned. Yet!!

This has probably been mentioned before but Rock Band doesn't support GH3 Guitars which is a bit of a con.

I have thought about ordering the bundle from the US but with postage to the UK it works out really expensive. Does anyone know of a good supplier in the US that will ship internationally for a decent price?

I can either sit tight and wait for GH on Tour or bite the bullet and buy Rock Band.

The Vii has a adaptor port on the side of it. Does anyone know what this is for? I was hoping that it might but a wireless USB port so that I can use it with Rock Band but I guess that's too much to hope for?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs