prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
UgzIo.jpg

​Vigil Games, the development team behind Darksiders II has, in an interview with GameReactor, said their 'opinions' on the Wii U hardware. Transcript of the interview thanks to Nirolak at NeoGAF
GameReactor: This one is all coming out for the Wii U. How has that been?

Darksiders 2 Game Director Marvin Donald: Uh, so far, so good. We have limitations based on Nintendo's progress, but, you know, that really has, the only problem that's been for us is, you know, not having an actual release date. But once we know when the Wii U has, when Nintendo has commited to a firm date, you know, we will be able to commit to a date for Darksiders II, but we're planning on it being a launch title, and so far everything's been smooth sailing.

We got the game running on their hardware pretty quickly, and the controller's been great to work with, now it's just down to deciding what we really want to do to make it a unique experience on the Wii U. You know, taking advantage of you know the extra screen and the touch capability and all that. So, you know, so we'll have a few new feature for sure, but I think visually, for the most part, it'll be pretty much the same.

You know, so far the hardware's been on par with what we have with the current generation's. Based on what I understand, the, you know, the resolution and textures and polycounts and all that stuff, we're not going to being doing anything to uprez the game, but we'll take advantage of the controller for sure.
http://www.gamereactor.se/nyheter/43021/GRTV%3A+Darksiders+II-intervju/

Reactions: 1 person

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
so apparently the Wii U has equivalent power to the current gen consoles as in.. the 360 and PS3 ?
so when the PS4 and xbox 720 come out the Wii U will be far behind?
great, just what we needed, another underpowered console (for its age that is)

Reactions: 3 people

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
so apparently the Wii U has equivalent power to the current gen consoles as in.. the 360 and PS3 ?
Wasn't this already common knowledge? After all, the footage they've used for it so far has almost entirely been rendered using Xbox 360's.
....Which actually raises another question: Did Nintendo use XNA, and does this mean that they've got some kinda agreement with Microsoft?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
inb4 the Nintendo Brigade.

You know, I find this, you know, rather plausible. Like, you know, I really never thought the Wii U hardware was, you know, THAT advanced. It always seemed, you know, capable of producing games equivalent to, you know, current gen quality. It's just, you know, not that special.

Reactions: 15 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was quite an old bit of news and it was running on the old configurations of last years e3 and it was made in just a few weeks so I don't think this is worth much attention.

The news is from yesterday and it's from developers who have been working on the Wii U hardware. At this point, it'd seem like a complete dumbass move to go to all their developers and say "Hey, we changed our hardware a bunch, have fun scrapping your progress!" What they're working on in terms of hardware is most likely the final hardware we'll be playing on.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India

You know, I find this, you know, rather plausible. Like, you know, I really never thought the Wii U hardware was, you know, THAT advanced. It always seemed, you know, capable of producing games equivalent to, you know, current gen quality. It's just, you know, not that special.
HEY, YOU KNOW, I WANTED TO LIKE, DO THAT JOKE TOO, YOU KNOW

But yeah, p. sure this is nothing new, remember reading something similar IIRC
you know?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

The problem with old tech is, developers tending to port older builds, which gives us all the feeling of "outdated" hardware. Let's hope this is not the case

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well this set of news contradicts all other news that say otherwise after all last news say that latest Dev kit was more powerful after request from some third parties il guess we will have to wait for E3 to see who is right

Reactions: 2 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On par in terms on developmental difficulty or power of console?

The main article said:
You know, so far the hardware's been on par with what we have with the current generation's. Based on what I understand, the, you know, the resolution and textures and polycounts and all that stuff, we're not going to being doing anything to uprez the game, but we'll take advantage of the controller for sure.

It does kinda say that it's same hardware (aka power of the console) and not development difficulty.

I'm assuming this article was too long and you didn't read it.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im not surpired. i bet if nintendo and sony did end up making the sony playstation then the ps3 would be WAY behind the xbox(and not the 360 i mean the original xbox)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Didn't someone say that the PS4/Xbox 720 wouldn't have that much different hardware as the current gen because of some reason I can't remember?

Anyways, as long as the Wii U finally gets to share good titles with the 360/720 and PS3/PS4 than I'm ok with that.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

Hmm....

Also we've heard heaps of people saying this, we also heard a lot of people saying it's a lot more powerful than 360.
Only E3 will tell.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here we go again.
So, the next news(rumors?) about the Wii U is that it's as powerful as the NextBox and how it much better than current gen :x
Uh, oops, I forgot, only "bad" nintendo news are worth it.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will wait until final releases of the system have been distributed, aka not pre-launch developer kits. My understanding is that Nintendo is still tweaking certain aspects of the system, unfortunately the one area they should have tweaked and improved was the graphics chip, it's the core part of the system and if they want to remain competitive with the next generation of consoles. I don't see why with AMD's current 28nm graphics chips, that they don't use something from that line since it's more efficient and has less power draw, they are more powerful too.

Also, next generation hardware won't be capable of much more then improved texturing, really. Graphics are pretty much at their peak in terms of realism, many of the next steps in gaming evolution are going to be involving textures, lighting, and other visual effects, as well as smoother frame rates with those features enabled.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Here we go again.
So, the next news(rumors?) about the Wii U is that it's as powerful as the NextBox and how it much better than current gen :x
Uh, oops, I forgot, only "bad" nintendo news are worth it.
It's not because it's 'bad' that it's news worthy, it's news on the Wii U which we won't be getting until E3; even if it's good or bad, it's a different speculation on what the Wii U is capable of and I think that's news worthy enough.

Obviously all news on the Wii U is not to be taken seriously and with a grain of salt. Thinking that bad news (is this bad news? current gen is fine enough, for a Nintendo system at least, I mean we're all used to a Nintendo system lacking by now) is the only news posted about the Wii U is quite silly, obviously haters speak louder and that's why you only think 'bad' news is all we're getting.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
The issue I see with this is the language seems to be a little open ended and misleading. I'm reading it as "it's running as well as it was on the current gen", and "we aren't improving anything", which I think implies that they don't actually know how much better it is than the current gen simply because they haven't tried anything new.

Reactions: 4 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Took along time to fit it in?