ROM Hack Viewing Various Files for the DS Zoo Tycoon Games (Sprites & Models)

Mjmannella

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is gonna be a bit of a big thread, so I'll try and break it into sections for each game I'm asking about. Everything I'm gonna be talking about has already been extracted, I just have no programs that can open, red, and view the files.

The first game is Zoo Tycoon DS. For this game, I'm looking to open the .ntfp (palette) and .ntft (tile) files for the game's collector cards. I've tried opening these with Tinke, but I don't get any sort of preview like you'd expect from ripping Pokémon sprites or likewise. I'm looking to extract 2 images.

The second game is Zoo Tycoon 2 DS. Primarily, I'm looking to open the .acd and .nbma files for these animals (and perhaps the .nbfc and .nbfp files at a later point), which (presumably) contain models for animals. In the most ideal situation, I'd like to convert these ZT2DS models into a model type that can be imported to Blender. At most, I'd be looking to get a baker's dozen of models.

If anyone could help me with these issues, please let me know!

Mjmannella

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm definitely aware that the PC versions are a lot more hacking-friendly, but I'm asking about the DS games because of the new animals they've added (ZTDS added the kouprey and onager, ZT2DS has Yetis and unicorns alongside various new models for existing animals). Hacking the PC versions will unfortunately not achieve what I'm looking for.

Reactions: Vulpes-Vulpeos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb