Homebrew View pdf files in DS

avi58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let me explain, one professor of one subject, expect us read a lot of pages from some manuals about producction, marketing... corporate stuff.

The problem, i wont print it, and i wont have enough time to be in front of my laptop to read it all so i wondered i could read it in my ds but.. it is in pdf format.

I have acrobat professional so i can export the pdf file to a multitude of formats.

even html, yes, the format dso reads but... with no images >.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah just convert them into jpg and then use the comic book ds converter to convert it to a cbds file and then view it on your DS with ComicBookDS

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awdofgum said:
Yeah just convert them into jpg and then use the comic book ds converter to convert it to a cbds file and then view it on your DS with ComicBookDS

Can't pictoDS convert .pdf to .cbds already? I'm pretty sure the last time I checked it could convert pdfs, but I don't know if text-only documents will affect it in any way...

If thats the case, its as simple as converting and copying, and then you can read them with comicbookds.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.aznbrotha. said:
awdofgum said:

Can't pictoDS convert .pdf to .cbds already? I'm pretty sure the last time I checked it could convert pdfs, but I don't know if text-only documents will affect it in any way...

If thats the case, its as simple as converting and copying, and then you can read them with comicbookds.
testing...
yup you're right, then just convert the pdf to cbds and you're set
yaynds.gif

gillman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question relating to this.

When I use PictoDS I run the pictods.exe file and select the file I want to convert. However when I hit proceed it will not work, it comes up with some error "D:/Program" and saying the system can not find the path specified. I have been trying to convert .pdf files. Are their any special tools I need or procedures I need to follow before I can get this to work?

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
gillman said:

When I use PictoDS I run the pictods.exe file and select the file I want to convert. However when I hit proceed it will not work, it comes up with some error "D:/Program" and saying the system can not find the path specified. I have been trying to convert .pdf files. Are their any special tools I need or procedures I need to follow before I can get this to work?
No, just like said below, try somewhere with no spaces in the path.
I use D:\Programs\PictoDS.

moo422

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gillman said:

I ran into that issue. Turns out I didn't have a Jave Virtual Machine running. I installed that, PictoDS worked just fine.

LeeTV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
leetv.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I need help! PictoDS wont convert PDF to cbds! It only comes up with this error: "Cannot Run Program ""D:/Program" (in directory "..\bin"):CreateProcess error=3, The System Cannot find the patch specified" OVER AND OVER each time I try to convert that pdf file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PotatoStatic @ PotatoStatic: Jesus. Someone really wants to give me speedy loans.