videos on ds

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TaMs, Oct 15, 2007.

Oct 15, 2007

videos on ds by TaMs at 8:45 PM (1,296 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. TaMs
    OP

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    i'm using BatchDPG to convert videos for ds and then watch them with moonshell. Is there any way to get video on two screens. Like same video on both screens or like wide screen with two screens? : D
    thanks in advance.

2. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    The DS doesn't have the power to do that, and I don't think there are any programs that attempt it

3. IainDS

Member IainDS GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I don't know why you want the same movie on both screens, mayby you like that kind of thing . .

I'm sure the DS will be able to handle a stretched image over both screens!

4. TaMs
    OP

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    Yea it's not very usefull to have one video on 2 screens, but it would be just fun... don't ask why. Just random reasons why i even asked about it.
    But ds should handle streched video/something similar. there's one on the metroid hunters intro. Shame that it seems that there aren't program for that.
    Atleast i can wait if other people know more. [​IMG]

5. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    The DS does have the power to do it, as seen in Metroid Prime: Hunters. The trouble is those videos are made in a proprietary format, and the codec isn't available to us filthy pirates (or legitimate developers either, sadly). As for dpg, running the same image on both screens would be possible, but that feature isn't really in demand, so I doubt it will be implemented that soon.

EDIT: MP:H; The OP beat me to it [​IMG]

6. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    Yea, Hunters uses the kick ass Act Imagine codec, but those videos are specially made for the ds, unlike a TV show or something. They are extremely optimized, and probably only run at 15FPS (when a video is on both screens)

7. Akdul

Member Akdul GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    The integrated Moonshell of M3 SD can do that. It can even mirror the video on the top screen.