Hacking videos on ds

TaMs

Randomizer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i'm using BatchDPG to convert videos for ds and then watch them with moonshell. Is there any way to get video on two screens. Like same video on both screens or like wide screen with two screens? : D
thanks in advance.

IainDS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know why you want the same movie on both screens, mayby you like that kind of thing . .

I'm sure the DS will be able to handle a stretched image over both screens!

TaMs

Randomizer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't know why you want the same movie on both screens, mayby you like that kind of thing . .

I'm sure the DS will be able to handle a stretched image over both screens!
Yea it's not very usefull to have one video on 2 screens, but it would be just fun... don't ask why. Just random reasons why i even asked about it.
But ds should handle streched video/something similar. there's one on the metroid hunters intro. Shame that it seems that there aren't program for that.
Atleast i can wait if other people know more.
tongue.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The DS doesn't have the power to do that, and I don't think there are any programs that attempt it
The DS does have the power to do it, as seen in Metroid Prime: Hunters. The trouble is those videos are made in a proprietary format, and the codec isn't available to us filthy pirates (or legitimate developers either, sadly). As for dpg, running the same image on both screens would be possible, but that feature isn't really in demand, so I doubt it will be implemented that soon.

EDIT: MP:H; The OP beat me to it
tongue.gif

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, Hunters uses the kick ass Act Imagine codec, but those videos are specially made for the ds, unlike a TV show or something. They are extremely optimized, and probably only run at 15FPS (when a video is on both screens)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh