Homebrew videos on ds using homebrew web browsers

assassin98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
i often use internet on my ds lite using homebrew web browserslike bunjalloo,dsorganize etc. but not the ones that require pc so i want help in watching videos using web browsers.while i try to watch a video it says u need an adobe flash player but it cannot be installed on ds

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It can never be installed to.

The DS just isn't capable of doing so.
The only way for videos on the DS with your flashcard would be Moonshell + DPG Tools.

assassin98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
this also happens when i want to download anything is there any way to download stuff through hb web browsers

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can download files with Bunjalloo I believe, maybe DSOrganize as well but I don't trust its file handling. Flash video will never happen on the DS alone.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a way to do it with a slot-2 card, I thought.
To do what? The closest to Flash on the DS was http://natrium42.com/blog/?p=36 but that was just a proof of concept. Or if you're referring to downloading files, you might be thinking of using DSLinux with a slot-2 device with extra RAM. That is indeed possible, and I used this many times with my slot-2 Supercard.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a way to do it with a slot-2 card, I thought.
To do what? The closest to Flash on the DS was http://natrium42.com/blog/?p=36 but that was just a proof of concept. Or if you're referring to downloading files, you might be thinking of using DSLinux with a slot-2 device with extra RAM. That is indeed possible, and I used this many times with my slot-2 Supercard.
I was referring to flash support, but I never had a slot-2 flashcart, so I guess I don't know.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Flash support on the DS is pretty much impossible, no matter whether you have a slot-1 or slot-2 device. The tech demo I linked is the closest we've ever come to having Flash videos on the DS, and that was friggin YEARS ago. It's a pretty safe assumption that flash video along the lines of Youtube will never happen on the DS.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, Flash support on the DS is pretty much impossible, no matter whether you have a slot-1 or slot-2 device. The tech demo I linked is the closest we've ever come to having Flash videos on the DS, and that was friggin YEARS ago. It's a pretty safe assumption that flash video along the lines of Youtube will never happen on the DS.

No, Flash support on the DS is quite possible by taking advantage of the built in 3D hardware and porting something like Gnash. The problem is decoding h.264 video (which is what flash video uses) on the DS would take forever. Even the DSTwo's video player can't handle h.264 decoding without an insane amount of skipping and frame dropping. So yes, it would be possible to get Flash working but it would only be useful for fairly simple flash based games.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

No, Flash support on the DS is quite possible by taking advantage of the built in 3D hardware and porting something like Gnash. The problem is decoding h.264 video (which is what flash video uses) on the DS would take forever. Even the DSTwo's video player can't handle h.264 decoding without an insane amount of skipping and frame dropping. So yes, it would be possible to get Flash working but it would only be useful for fairly simple flash based games.
Dare I say, 67Mhz ARM9 + 33Mhz ARM7 != Enough to run Flash, even in its most basic form? The 3D accelerator won't help you much when you only have 4MB RAM only, either.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dare I say, 67Mhz ARM9 + 33Mhz ARM7 != Enough to run Flash, even in its most basic form? The 3D accelerator won't help you much when you only have 4MB RAM only, either.
Hence why Natrium42's demo was merely a proof of concept, recompiling the Flash6 source file to something that the DS could run without sound and with a frameskip.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hence why Natrium42's demo was merely a proof of concept, recompiling the Flash6 source file to something that the DS could run without sound and with a frameskip.
-snip!-

You already posted it. But yeah, I agree, 100%.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b