Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit weeks for DS owners, only Track & Field worth giving a go, unless you know Japanese. This is the last time that I'll be doing these threads, the DS/Wii one will still be here but I'm lacking interest plus time to do the other consoles even though VVoltz & Tjas do most of the work, but I hope that VVoltz continues with his own threads, though I know Tjas isn't that interested in doing PC ones.

Read to know when a game could be dumped:
These dates are what retailers say is out unless stated otherwise, sometimes they make dates up for pre-ordering purposes. These dates could also be "shipping dates" which usually means that that's the date when games get shipped to stores so a game could either be in stores on that day or after. Some games may get delayed some others not listed may appear but at the moment of posting these are correct. Also just because a game is released in stores it doesn't mean that they'll appear on our internets but NA titles usually appear on our 'nets Wednesday night UK time. I love you with mouth.

DS

26th February

Brain Assist

Region: North America Genre: Brain training (yawn)
Developer: Sega Publisher: Sega

Sega jumps on the bandwagon, can they do anything new and diferent? Well aside from Ninetendo's own Brain games the only other good one is the one by Gameloft but lets see. This is the English version of the Japanese game "Touch de Uno DS"

936101_20080208_screen003.jpg
936101_20071108_screen005.jpg
936101_20071108_screen010.jpg

Fantasy Aquarium

Region: North America Genre: Sea life looking afterer
Developer: ? Publisher: Destineer (oh noes!)

A port of the English game Fantasy Aquarium by DS, where you look after and collect fish but in this one (there is another coming soon from the same people which is a version of the Japanese game Aquarium by DS) you can look after none fish like Whales, Dolphins and Penguins as well as other fish like Sharks, seahorses and so on. So if you have an desire to look after fish and that via your DS than erm this is the one for you. I might try this one but it could turn out badVideo is of a Japanese advert of the two games.

Video Link

943226_20071128_screen005.jpg
943226_20071128_screen004.jpg
943226_20071128_screen003.jpg

Mazes of Fate DS

Region: North America Genre: Dungeon crawler
Developer: Signature Devices, Inc. Publisher: Graffiti Entertainment

Early footage of this was dreadful but it was clearly early and if you look at the vid posted you'll be pleased to see that its look better and smoother. Could be better than Orcs & Elves and a lot of people enjoyed the GBA version though from what I hear its just the same but tarted up a bit and a few new player avatars.

Video Link

Screen4.jpg
Screen14.jpg
Screen5.jpg

28th February

Soma Bringer

Region: Japan Genre: Action RPG
Developer: Monolith Soft Publisher: Nintendo

By Monolith Soft who gave us the Xenosaga & Baten Kaitos Series, comes an RPG Nintendo are hoping to be up there with Final Fantasy & Dragon Quest games. Soma Bringer tells the story of a world powered by an energy source called Soma. Recently, the balance of Soma has been destroyed, leading to an appearance of mysterious creatures known as "visitors." You play as a member of an armed force out to destroy these creatures. Everything is done in real time, no boring turn based battles here and everything is button based so at least there are no forced stylus features or stupid mini games. I'm hoping that this is great, the trailer and previews have been very promising. So far Japanese scores have been very favourable with Famitsu giving it 8/8/8/8.

Video Link

ME0000921251_2.jpg
ME0000921255_2.jpg
ME0000881884_2.jpg

Also out in Japan but not worth writing up:
Akagawa Jirou Mystery: Yasoukyoku
Chou-Gekijou-Ban Keroro Gunsou 3: Tenkuu Daibouken de Arimasu!
DS Dengeki Bunkou ADV: Baccano!
DS Motte Tabi ni Deyo: Kyoto
Nakamura Tooru Kanshuu: Indo Shiki Keisan Drill DS

29th February

Fizz

Region: Europe Genre: Puzzle
Developer: Lexicon Entertainment Publisher: Lexicon Entertainment

You're faced with is a gameboard consisting of 25 nodes on a 5X5 grid, each of which has four coloured antennae at its corners. All you have to do is rotate the nodes with your stylus to align antennae (all randomly placed) of the same colour diagonally from each other. The more antennae you align, the greater the energy flow you'll be able to generate between the nodes, and as we all know, energy flow means points and prizes. To get in your way of this are meteor showers and asteroids which break the annatae up and also there are aliens that come onto the board to destroy the nodes. There are way too many puzzlers on the DS but at least one sounds like that it could be decent.

Video Link

938850_20070330_screen002.jpg
938850_20070330_screen002.jpg
938850_20070330_screen007.jpg

1st March

New International Track & Field Date might be wrong, most UK retailers say 31st March

Region: Europe Genre: Sports
Developer: Konami Publisher: Konami

I love this series and I'm praying that the date is correct but I doubt it as hardly any games come out on a Saturday in Europe. So this is Konami celebrating the 25th anniversary of T&F games and its decided to chuck in some of its characters from its long history of games. So far announced are: Sparkster from Rocket Knight Adventures, Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2, Evil Rose from Rumble Roses, Frogger from erm Frogger, Simon Belmont from Castlevania, Oolong from Yie Ar Kung-Fu, and Pentaro from Parodius as well as some characters made just for the game. There are 24 events, only 4 have been announced which are 100-meter dash, Long jump, 110-meter hurdles, Weightlifting & Trap Shooting but I have seen swimming in the screens. New International Track & Field features single player career and training modes in addition to Wi-Fi multi-player between 2 to 4 players, a character-based minigame challenge mode and a worldwide player ranking system. The original Track and Field game will also be available to play. The gameplay of New International Track & Field differs from the traditional button mashing and joystick-wiggling gameplay of the original games in that players use the motion of the stylus to set a rhythm for their character. In addition, the game will also feature uses for the DS' dual screens and microphone. I hope its better than the dull Sonic & Mario one.

ME0000923441_2.jpg
ME0000923432_2.jpg
ME0000923437_2.jpg

Also out on this week but probably deserve this award:
shovelware.jpg

Homie Rollerz
Petz Wild Animals: Tigerz
Postman Pat
Jetix Puzzle Buzzle
My Pet Hotel 2

Wii

26th February

Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed

Region: US Genre: Action
Developer: Sandblast Publisher: THQ (Uh oh!)

The Earth is in trouble once again as aliens return to conquer us all. Run for your lives, puny humans! Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed for Wii takes place before Path of Furon. Gamers will Crypto in a "funked out" version of the 1970s. They will be able to travel through and destroy an immense city either on foot or by UFO. Players will be able to use the Wii Remote to unleash untold levels of destruction on the world -- on foot, in Crypto's UFO or at the controls of the Big Willy mech! Well there are worse games out there I guess.

Click to enlarge screens:

Sega Bass Fishing

Region: US Genre: Fishing
Developer: Cavia Inc. Publisher: Sega

Why do Bass fishing? Bass fish are dull, they should have done Sega Marine Fishing as that one is better. Ok featuring some levels from the Dreamcast and some from the Arcade as well as some just for the Wii, you fish and stuff. No fishing rod, its all Wiimote which is stupid but then expected as Sega didn't do a PROPER lightgun for their lightgun ports or plan on doing Maracas for Samba de Amigo mega fail but I guess it could be a decent port.

Video Link

Click to enlarge screens:

There are various other games out in Europe but nothing new and all are pretty much below average.

Out in Japan are:
Choro Q Wii
Simple Wii Series Vol. 5: : The Block Kuzushi
Simple Wii Series Vol. 6: The Wai Wai Combat
Uchi Tsuri! Sega Bass Fishing
Zenkoku Dekotora Matsuri

PSP

26th February

Blokus Portable: Steambot Championship

Region: US Genre: Board game/Puzzle
Developer: Irem Publisher: Majesco Games

Each player places his/her pieces on the board in turn, ensuring that the pieces of the same color touch at one or more corners, but never along the sides. The objective is to strategise and conquer as much territory as you can before your opponent/s beats you to it.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Region: Europe Genre: Footy
Developer: Konami Publisher: Konami

Developed by Konami’s football Studio in Tokyo, the game contains all the realism and intuitive controls associated with the series. The PSP version of PES 2008 shares a lot in common with the existing PlayStation 2 game, with a wide range of tournaments and leagues on offer, alongside an all-new World Tour mode, wherein users are set a series of challenges as they tour the globe. As each task is successfully completed, further tests designed to show the capability of your chosen squad are unlocked. Full Edit modes have also been incorporated into PES 2008, while the data sharing aspect has been totally reworked to allow users to continue building their team while away from their home system. As such, Master League information can now be swapped between the PSP and PlayStation 2 versions, as can League, World Tour and Cup Mode data.

Video Link

Click thumbnail to enlarge:

And now over to VVoltz for the multiformat and console releases!!

PS2

February 26th

Heavenly Guardian

Region: North America Genre: Shoot-em-up
Developer: Starfish Publisher: UFO Interactive

Tough luck for VVii players, this is PS2 only in the US. A love story!, you Sayuki , the snow goddess must embark on an epic journey (brb) to save your true love. Well, is nothing we wouldn't do for lagman off course =) Whoever played the Shining series on the GBA can recognize the style of play, it also has some very nice visuals.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

February 28th

Out in Japan:

Final Approach 2: 1st Priority
Developer: Princess Soft
Publisher: Princess Soft
Genre: Dating sim / Adventure
Developed by Hadrian's secret development studio! BUY NOW!

Gundam Musou Special
Developer: Omega Force
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Genre: Beat-'Em-Up
The "Extreme" version of Dynasty Warriors: Gundam. The game will feature two new characters: Musha Gundam and Musha Gundam MKII.
Yup, that is all there is about this game.

Houkago wa Hakugin no Shirabe
Developer: Dimple Entertainment
Publisher: Dimple Entertainment
Genre: Adventure
Another MUST buy of the year, next to Gears2 and MGS4.

Kyuuketsu Kitan Moonties
Developer: Interchannel
Publisher: Interchannel
A game featuring BoneMonkey as Iggy, a ten year old with bladder problems. Run to the bathroom while dancing to the music.

Night Wizard the Video Game: Denial of the Wizard
Developer: 5gk
Publisher: 5gk
5gk > 2K IMO.
You are not gonna believe this. This one is actually a videogame adaptation of an actually RPG game based on a PC game called Yoru Ga Kuru! Hel and I thought Street Fighter: The Movie: The game was weirdly enough.

Petit Four
Developer: Idea Factory
Publisher: Idea Factory
Bake cakes and fight inflation while trying to survive the post imperialist japan regime, anime style

Tori no Hoshi: Aerial Planet
Developer: Nippon Ichi Software
Publisher: Nippon Ichi Software
Genre: Glide simulator
Nippon Ichi's first 'flight simulator", and yes, this one does not features any strategy!
ohmy.gif

You play as the son of an interplanetary biologist, who is separated from his father's research team on an unknown planet.
Use your glider to find your spaceship. Cool day/night and weather effects.

PS3

February 26th

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

Region: US (27th Aus, 29th Eur) Genre: 3rd person shooter
Developer: Capcom Publisher: Capcom

Another unknown JAP videogame.
LOL.
Actually one of Capcom's new gems. ( I enjoyed this on 360 but controls were a bit off at times -Hadrian) This one features ALL the Live only content featured in the 360 version, including the Mega Man and Frank West journalist as unlockable characters. As Wayne Holden, fight the merciless (and butt-ugly Akren) in a snow planet, use your Zelda-esque grappling hook and mount some cool Mechs. Now, keep your finger's crossed for a Dead Rising release on PS3. Multiplataform releases FTW!

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

February 28thth

The Idolmaster Live for You

Region: Japan Genre: Rhythm
Developer: Bandai Namco Games Publisher: Bandai Namco Games

Japanese Idol or Anime Idol. You are the coordinator of a J-POP band, choose clothing songs and take them to the glory.
Think Parrappa the Rapper but with anime chicks dancing on the screen. For all the japan voyeurists out there.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

Multi-Format

February 26th

Lost: Via Domus
PS3/360/PC

Region: North America Genre: Adventure
Developer: Ubisoft Montreal Publisher: Ubisoft (uh oh!)

For the non believers: Lost is a series about a bunch of people lost in an island. Sorry, never seen the show (first season good, the rest boring -Hadrian). This one features a new character. The newcomer, Elliot has lost his memory and now he also must discover his lost past, cliches aside, this is a survival exploration adventure game. Even for a licensed game, this looks promising, even graphic wise. Must buy for the TV fans.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
PS3/360/PC

Region: North America Genre: FPS
Developer: Spark Unlimited Publisher: Codemasters

Expect at least two good WWII games within 2008 that doesn't involve the typical MoH/CoD fare: Saboteur and this one. If you are a seasoned XB, PS2 or GC player, you may remember a game called Freedom Fighters, well this one looks a lot like this one, only instead of the cold war, this is a parallel history. Germany won, and now controls Europe. You are Dan Carson, a regular construction worker who must survive WAR! This game is suppose to feature new weapons never used in the war (although researched in real life), Zeppelins, Jets and other war machines are suppose to be featured as well. Remember kids, true Americans oppose the SS.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

Frontlines: Fuel of War
360/PC

Region: North America Genre: FPS
Developer: Kaos Studios Publisher: THQ

A good looking futuristic FPS from former Trauma Studios (of Battlefield 1942 modding fame). The game is suppose to feature a mechanic called "the frontine", whatever that is, it confuses me. The game is getting so-so reviews from EU and the US. The PS3 version was canceled, according to THQ, due issues regarding the port of the Unreal Engine 3.0 to the PS3 (THQ = mega fail -Hadrian).

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

PC section may appear soon

Speed Freak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Wating for the track and field one for the ds.
It looks a hot one.

Me too, but what's wrong with the good old button mashing? Giving us the option to use the stylus is good but why do we HAVE to? The stylus controls must be WAY better than crappy Mario and Sonic's to be good enough.

Bring the button mashing back!
cry.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I may try out the two new FPS on the 360, they look kinda interesting, but I've still got plenty of other titles to finish first.

Those of you with PS3's I recommend checking out Lost Planet, I played it a fair bit on 360 and I thought it was a fun game. I love using the mechs especially online.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay, nice work! Hadrian is my hero! (
happy.gif
) But you're late this week... Hope everything's alright!
Well the DS part was already written just a day after the last one but I didn't really have that much time to do PSP/Wii. It takes more time checking everywhere just to see if there are anything I've missed or if the dates are correct.

Anyway it'll be back to DS/Wii this Friday and I'm sure VVoltz will do a fine job!

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
happy.gif

Well the DS part was already written just a day after the last one but I didn't really have that much time to do PSP/Wii. It takes more time checking everywhere just to see if there are anything I've missed or if the dates are correct.

Anyway it'll be back to DS/Wii this Friday and I'm sure VVoltz will do a fine job!
I don't mind doing the pc releases but does anyone read them?

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to mention this which is released on the PC on the 27th:

Insecticide

Region: North America Genre: Action Adventure
Developer: Crackpot Entertainment Publisher: GameCock

The DS game is the one that is getting all of the attention, but take a look at the PC version! The story is pretty much the same and it looks like the same sort of game, but the PC version will be split into different episodes. I'd be playing this when it hits the nets.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

Jundeezy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
happy.gif

I don't mind doing the pc releases but does anyone read them?

I read them. I go here to find out what games are coming up and no where else
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: