Video shows possible drift issues already arising with the Nintendo Switch Lite

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Sep 24, 2019.

1. samcambolt270

samcambolt270 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    again. You not experiencing it does not, in any universe, at any point, ever mean that it somehow magically becomes a non-issue to everyone that has.

Reynardine and Subtle Demise like this.
  2. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Maybe it's cause I take care of my stuff.

3. samcambolt270
    This message by samcambolt270 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Sep 25, 2019, Reason: No need for that.
    Sep 25, 2019
  4. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    I didn’t say you had to use another console’s controller. I also use GameCube controllers, switch pro controllers, and some third parties licensed by Nintendo.

5. goldensun87

goldensun87 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2017
    United States
    You said you use a PS4 controller. So yes, another console's controller.

Last edited by goldensun87, Sep 29, 2019
  6. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2019
    Russia
    Yeah, you have a point here. Still, it's kinda hard to screw up stick replacement unless you're actively brute-forcing through steps without reading the manual first, so once a person gets over fear of "what if I break the whole console", it should be all fine.

7. CorpseFlower

CorpseFlower Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2018
    United States
    I had to go though Nintendo repair process and it was horrible. I started the repair in beginning of august and still haven't received my joycons.
    Edit: yeah if there still issues they deserve all the flak that comes there way.

Last edited by CorpseFlower, Sep 25, 2019
  8. jesus96

jesus96 Pinkboi

Sep 2, 2015
    Mexico
    glad that i never buy the beta testing versions

Subtle Demise and HinaNaru Cutie like this.
  9. NeroAngelo

NeroAngelo Clueless Importer

Dec 31, 2003
    Libya
    saw this coming a mile away, can't believe Nintendo might get away with it a second time, and it's worse this time because you gotta send in the whole console if you don't wanna dabble in replacing it yourself.

and for all the deniers, there are tons of videos explaining WHY this issue is there, those little sticks are ass design, they could have used proper analog sticks like the Gamepad Pro ... but nope ... smdh

Reynardine and HinaNaru Cutie like this.
  10. HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Camden, New Jersey

This information actually had my dying in laughter x"D those lawsuits sure about to *appear* again lol. nintendo don't learn the first time on the drift issues don't they? the worst part is that these people bought it full priced -just imagine this; your enjoying your light switch and than bam a demonic entity arises and destroys your new switch joycon -drift -than when your about to see if you can fix it. you can't because it's stuck to the darn console itself. -so your screwed on buying another handheld -like gosh damn.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

lmao!! than comes the pitchforks of rage x'D

11. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2017
    United States
    They should've just made it into a clamshell design with sliders instead of joycons. I feel like exposed/protruding analogs on a portable is asking for trouble. I guess the vita doesn't have stick drift problems though.

12. Endurion_Jr

Endurion_Jr Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2018
    Germany
    NintendoSDK
    Nintendo should fix the joycon drift instead of the bootrom bug

HinaNaru Cutie likes this.
  13. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    (Perceived) piracy risk is their boogeyman though. Controller drift extreme just moves controllers in the opinions of bean counters. So, yeah.

14. jupitteer

jupitteer idk what i'm doing

Feb 17, 2017
    Antarctica
    Subcon
    There is no evidence it has been fixed, while there is evidence that it has not. I've had three sets of joycon and all of them drift, with taking proper care of them. I shouldn't have to replace my own joysticks multiple times instead of Nintendo getting its head out of its ass.

NeroAngelo likes this.
  15. GreenBanana

GreenBanana GBAtemp Fan

Dec 18, 2007
    I like all the complaints that attempt to stifle valid consumer concerns. On the Internet, even the invalid points of view are valid.

16. Ampersound

Ampersound Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2018
    Germany
    Nintendos priorities are a little shaky as of late.

Manana likes this.
  17. snobbysteven

snobbysteven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2019
    United States
    Chicago
    I am not surprised. Had they actually done something to fix this drifting issue I think they would have mentioned it to give people a little less worry about buying the lite model.

18. leerpsp

leerpsp GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 22, 2014
    United States
    I like the ideal of the switch lite and will be getting one but will get the one with the bigger battery 1st.
    If Nintendo is not going to fix the sticks then some one will end up making a new replacement stick for the switch that will fix this i'm sere.

19. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    Instead of raging, the noobs could just not buy it....

20. goldensun87

goldensun87 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2017
    United States
    Well, I guess I'll be waiting for further "revisions" before I buy my first Switch. Good job Nintendont.

21. NeroAngelo

NeroAngelo Clueless Importer

Dec 31, 2003
    Libya
    I've had it happen to 3 sets of Joycons, packaged ones, and separately bought ones, including a fucking Hori one, the issue is with the stick design, it's prone to quick wear n tear. and has nothing to do with being barbarians while using the joycons, they're just shit design...