Video shows OLED Nintendo Switch using HWFLY SX clone modchip, can boot Hekate

Now that the OLED Nintendo Switch has launched, eager fans are playing games on the new revision of the popular game console, and others are opening the system up to see what possible exploits can be performed. A new YouTube video has been uploaded, showing someone who has gotten their hands on an OLED Switch, done a teardown, and installed the HWFLY modchip onto it. The HWFLY is a newer chip that is a clone of Team Xecuter's SX Core modchip. In this video, we can see the OLED Switch, after a little bit of fiddling, turn on and go right into the Hekate bootloader. Once he does that, however, the touch screen no longer functions. While it's not totally flawless, it looks like it is very possible for homebrew to potentially run on the OLED Switch model in the near future.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It was only a matter of time. Even if the form factor is not directly compatible, nothing is preventing someone crazy enough from manually soldering wires to all the correct points.
I expect that updating homebrew to work should not be much trouble as the hardware is largely unchanged this time around.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
One would think after Nintendo made the mistake of using the same bootrom for all their 3DS systems, they wouldn’t make that kind of mistake again. But here we are with multiple versions of the Switch, all having similar enough hardware as to be exploited with the same mod chips. I am willing to bet exploits (outside of RCM exploit in the older systems,) are going to keep being the same

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Wow, hopefully the prices aren't too crazy (I already have 3 Switches). Wonder if it will beat my Samsung S7+ with an ipega streaming switch games lol

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow... How could they possibly allow this? How didn't they think of patching or atleast make it so it don't work?
They produce the same SoC for the redbox / lite switch.
If they cared, you would've seen those models fixed months ago.
The SoCs come from the same fab, so Nintendo just uses it for all produced models.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some...