Video shows OLED Nintendo Switch using HWFLY SX clone modchip, can boot Hekate

Now that the OLED Nintendo Switch has launched, eager fans are playing games on the new revision of the popular game console, and others are opening the system up to see what possible exploits can be performed. A new YouTube video has been uploaded, showing someone who has gotten their hands on an OLED Switch, done a teardown, and installed the HWFLY modchip onto it. The HWFLY is a newer chip that is a clone of Team Xecuter's SX Core modchip. In this video, we can see the OLED Switch, after a little bit of fiddling, turn on and go right into the Hekate bootloader. Once he does that, however, the touch screen no longer functions. While it's not totally flawless, it looks like it is very possible for homebrew to potentially run on the OLED Switch model in the near future.

dotmehdi

Trophies
Paris, France, Europe, Earth (Milky Way).
XP
Country
France
Guys, it's not the touchscreen that is not working but Hekate that is crashing right after the boot
Plus none of the sensors seems to be working yet
A big update of Hekate and AMS will be necessary to make it work on the Switch OLED, also the chip flex and sceme might be adapted to this motherboard (I'm glad the SX Core is working on it, because the Lite is basically a gas plant) but the good thing is we have our proof-of-concept 3 days after the release of the console.

Let's wait for HWFly to release an OLED-specific chip now.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. Now everyone will be asking "Does switchroot work on OLED yet?"... Anyways, I figured knowing nintendo this would somehow be the case. Im glad that Im getting my hands on some clones FINALLY

Reactions: mathew77

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Does OLED matter at all, if it's just going to be docked all the time - due to that having superior audio and visual quality?
The visual quality of an OLED beats a classic IPS panel by far. But if you only play docked, it won't be a massive difference.

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
*rubs eye*
Wow. Didn't expect anything..

Then again. This should then work on any switch I surmise ?

If they get Switchroot to OLED I'll bite !

I better wait for OLED-replacement screens for my V1 switch :D
The OLED uses entirely different circuitry to interface with its screen.
I doubt such "kit"'d be worth.

It might be as worthless a wait as wqnting the Lite to have TVOut.
Just getting an OLED is the more sensible choice...
The modding etc req'd to make that work'd be not worth it.
Also: The OLED has a slightly different option in it's settings menu you'd miss on such a Frankenstein Device...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth