Homebrew Video player for old 3DS god sake please

D

Deleted User

OP, don't you have a tablet or phone to watch videos? 3DS isn't a very good device for it.

I wish I'd say differently, but I have one too and it's great for gaming, but not for watching videos. Even the audio quality is pretty mediocre, too.

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Yes, 3DS is too bad for that purpose.

There was a project called 3Damnesic, which was Proof-of-Concept video player(I failed to compile it though, it's old and abandoned project after all, so I didn't bother to troubleshoot it). with O3DS, It could barely hit slightly below 30FPS. iirc H264 encoded video will be played in less than 20FPS.

3DS is just too old and weak. especially O3DS. N3DS is slightly better- but still weak. I know you would've heard the same thing over and over again but using a smartphone is much better.

Sorry that We couldn't help, but this is the best answer we can provide.

EDIT: btw if you want to fix the camera app you might want to start a new thread about it with informations.

Last edited by KokoseiJ,
D

Deleted User

You can always use 3ds Movie Player, but you need to convert the videos to .moflex, and to do that you need to use Nintendo's 3DS SDK and bla bla bla, long process. Like everyone else said, 3DS its horrible to watch videos

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Searching around on Google only seems to bring up abandoned POC projects and they only seemed to run ok on a new3DS. There is MPEG4 Player for DS and DSi, which is included with TWiLightMenu and that should work on an old3DS. Otherwise, there really doesn't seem to be any dedicated 3DS video players.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The only reason to consider a videoplayer on 3DS is to make use of the stereoscopic 3D.
There was a way to create short 10 minute videos to play with the default 3DS gallery, maybe someone knows what im talking about. That worked fine and fast, but only 10 minute videos.

Otherwise, yeah, using 3DS as video player makes absolutely no sense, even the shittiest smartphone you might have should do better.
Also, chill dude, you're making a lot of threads demanding stuff. Ask politely and be patient.

Reactions: fmkid

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I have the archive you are looking for, it works and there are plenty of sites with moflex videos ready to be watched on the 3DS (OLD) So if you like tell me to upload it to a platform. Also, there are many videos with 3D included, so that`s a good extra and they play very well. The downside is that you`ll need a big SD card if you plan on having a library of videos. That`s the only option I can give you.

Tarmfot

Trophies
XP
Country
Montserrat
OP, don't you have a tablet or phone to watch videos? 3DS isn't a very good device for it.

I wish I'd say differently, but I have one too and it's great for gaming, but not for watching videos. Even the audio quality is pretty mediocre, too.

No,
Clamshell design is great to view videos. Better than tablets and phones.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The only reason to consider a videoplayer on 3DS is to make use of the stereoscopic 3D.
There was a way to create short 10 minute videos to play with the default 3DS gallery, maybe someone knows what im talking about. That worked fine and fast, but only 10 minute videos.

Otherwise, yeah, using 3DS as video player makes absolutely no sense, even the shittiest smartphone you might have should do better.
Also, chill dude, you're making a lot of threads demanding stuff. Ask politely and be patient.

Using mobiclip multicore encoder you can convert 3d movies to moflex.
But I get a crash on some of them.
You can convert to 2d too.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No,
Clamshell design is great to view videos. Better than tablets and phones.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Using mobiclip multicore encoder you can convert 3d movies to moflex.
But I get a crash on some of them.
You can convert to 2d too.
The thing i mentioned didn't use moflex and it does work.
3DS Video v1.32 by SifJar
that's the software. Look for it

Reactions: Tarmfot

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the archive you are looking for, it works and there are plenty of sites with moflex videos ready to be watched on the 3DS (OLD) So if you like tell me to upload it to a platform. Also, there are many videos with 3D included, so that`s a good extra and they play very well. The downside is that you`ll need a big SD card if you plan on having a library of videos. That`s the only option I can give you.
upload it to a platform

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1