Hacking Discussion Video of someone using raspberry pi zero to boot SX OS

ModDog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I watched with google translating so I could have missed some thing's. But the video show's a RPI zero being used to send payload to switch on bootup.

I don't have a the proper cable adapter to get to usb C to test this. But if this does work as shown great option for 5 dollars who just bought SX OS.

shirogeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
To create a Dongle?
Edit: or maybe not having a phone
According to the guy in the video, it takes abt a minute in the Rpi zero to execute the payload routine. Also he still needs an external power supply :/
I think NX Loader is so far a good solution because i don't think the payload method is going to last. With atmosphere and time, i hope we can get coldboot.

ModDog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just use NX Loader on your phone ? (Unless you have an iPhone)

Sadly in this case I am a iphone user. You and others are right phone option wins over in a lot of way's. Just thought it was interesting due to such low price of hardware used.

And if done right could be really payload loader for cheap.

Last edited by ModDog,

shinrukus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly in this case I am a iphone user. You and others are right phone option wins over in a lot of way's. Just thought it was interesting due to such low price of hardware used.

And if done right could be really payload loader for cheap.

If you do it right, and have all the componens, you still hit about 30 bucks anyway... plus your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here