Video Games Where You Felt Powerful

roastable

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-Using Mega Flare in any Kingdom Hearts game that has it.
-Setting the opponent to Lv. 1 and increasing the damage multiplier in Dissidia 012.
-Whenever I can deal 9999 damage.
-Spider Man 2, pretty much all the time.
-When I'm able to activate Modern Super Sonic in recent Sonic games.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised no one has said any type of RTS or city building game. I mean you're basically a god. Sometimes literally (Black and White).

The Sims can help you live out your Saw or Hostel fantasies in the worst ways possible. If deleting the ladder to the swimming pool while they're in it isn't sadistic then I don't know what is. Other than deleting the doors in a room made only of fireplaces.

Reactions: 3 people

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I'm surprised no one has said any type of RTS or city building game. I mean you're basically a god. Sometimes literally (Black and White).

The Sims can help you live out your Saw or Hostel fantasies in the worst ways possible. If deleting the ladder to the swimming pool while they're in it isn't sadistic then I don't know what is. Other than deleting the doors in a room made only of fireplaces.

That game was so clunky, but oh so much FUN!

DarkJDL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are so many games, I can only name a few on the tip of my tongue;

-in Skyward sword, when you suck up Demise's Lightning and then Wave it back at him.
-in Final Fantasy 8, When you spew out a 9999s damage Lionheart at level 7.
-in Devil May Cry 1-2-3...Pretty much anytime.(I don't like 4 :P)
-in Age of Empire, When you select them puny humans and hit delete...MHuahahah...MHuahahahahahah!!...*cough*
-in Starcraft...By playing and being good XD
-in Diablo 2 with a Smitadin
-in Ultima Underworld 2 When you use smite over and over(glitched debris item) on Mors Gotta
-in Megaman, Megaman X, Megaman Zero, Megaman ZX...Y'know...Cause you pewpew stuff into disappearance.
-In Dragon ball Z Games; Because Why Not? I mean, Overpowered starts there...no? lol
-in Final Fantay X, when you Blitz Ace or Attack Reel 99999s
-in Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Order of ecclesia, Aria of sorrow, and circle of the moon.
-in Resident Evil 5 (Not scary + Over powered Magnum? I feel empowered! MHuaha!)
-in Fat Princess, When I kill 3+ people in one charged attack
-in Final Fantasy IV: TAY when you use the Final Fantasy Band =D
-Sengoku Basara, Dynasty Warriors, Drakengard, Warriors Orochi. Because you're one human beating thousands of others (having a name makes you stronger apparently)
-When I first got Pokemon Blue when I was like 12-13, and I picked out Bulbasaur, I was on top of the world O_O
-Oblivion, When you're Archmage you're equivalent to a god. lol
-Neverwinter Nights when you bother leveling your darned Sorcerer until you get Time Stop and then cast other Magics during your time stop and when time resumes everything shoots at the same time, That makes me feel very strong.

I could go on forever, FFS this list would be endless! Videogames are awesome!

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Gears of War 3... and I don't mean that in a good way either. I felt way OP fighting in the open without cover (even in hardcore mode) compared to the "leave cover and you die" rule of the first 2 games. And so many missions made you feel basically invincible since it was basically guaranteed an AI partner would revive you within seconds if you got knocked down (especially in the last mission).

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Half life 2 does the whole powerful thing really well, in the beginning your completely helpless and pushed around by guards. Once you get the supercharged grav gun you throw those very same people around like its nothing along with being able to tip apart the monitors Dr Breen was constantly patronizing you on and is now desperately trying to convince you to stop. By the end of the game you feel unstoppable. And then at the very peak of your power trip you are tragically reminded you do not control your own fate.

Half life 2 really excels in that aspect.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No Russian scene in MW2

cause i'm just a cold, heartless, brutal, son of a bitch :tpi:

and Skyrim, when you use a brutally overpowered weapon on a weak enemy and it does the "Execution" camera angle...muhahahaaha

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost every Final Fantasy game, 6 in particular (Shadow + OHKO + oracle + Genji Glove).
The newer Fire Emblem games (send a knight into a field of archers.) Depends on how good your levels turn out though.
Lunar for the GBA (put multiple wind boots on your main character).
Playing as Krauser in Resident Evil 4. Using the IRL or CT in story mode just didn't feel as satisfying as wiping out Garradors with Krauser's arm or being able to get 5 stars with only a knife and a good pair of combat boots.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't realize this until I started playing it again a few days ago, but The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. I don't think I've ever played a Zelda game where they pit you against so many enemies at once, and seriously make your sword strikes feel effective and exaggerated, knocking much larger enemies a good ten feet away from you, etc. Wind Waker definitely has my favorite combat because of this.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey