Video Games in your school

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do people treat video games like at your school? Does everybody play them? Just the nerds? Does it bother you when people talk about video games and they are spitting out absolute crap? etc.

Today in DECA (sales and marketing), as a class, we were told to market CoD5 (the class chose sequel the most overrated FPS, of course), and each group was said to work on a different thing for the whole period such as advertising, pricing, product development, etc. So the first group was a bunch of jocks if you will who had no videogame knowledge outside of mainstream Xbox 360 games. They start talking about how it needs 64 player online multiplayer, no lag, a good campaign, and all this random shit like a flame thrower and a katana. A few of the ideas were decent, but some of it made me angry for really no reason. The next few groups were pretty much the same, treating it as any other product, and not as a video game which needs to be marketed differently from most products. Then my group came up, and I had "pricing". Being the only person in my group with any idea how the game industry worked, I presented our portion. I talked about how it should sell for $50, with a special edition at $60 that incudes a bonus disk for more hardcore fans. I went on and talked about how it would be hard to estimate the profit that the game would produce, since producing a videogame is much like a move, where all the cost goes into making the product, and once that is done, producing the CD's and buying the CD cases is near nothing. I was feeling pretty good about my presentation, since I knew what I was talking about and then some faggot starts bitching about how it should be like $70 since it would be the best game ever, and I was just like, "no, fuck you. I'm not buying it anyway". Then he called me a nerd or something and I was even more pissed off.

But yeah that story kinda sucked. Pretty much, I hate when people at my school talk about any video games without as much knowledge as myself. I guess it's kind of lame being like that, since you have to get started somewhere, even if yous start out being a retarded xbox gamer, but since gaming is one of the only things that I know more about than the average person (at my school at least), I take it kind of personally.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Strongbad007 said:
since I knew what I was talking about and then some faggot starts bitching about how it should be like $70 since it would be the best game ever, and I was just like, "no, fuck you. I'm not buying it anyway". Then he called me a nerd or something and I was even more pissed off.

LOL. Funniest thing i read. Well it doesnt matter since they can go and buy all the $70 dollar games they want. You can take the alternative and get worthy games only.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
at my school I was the resident guru, only one in my year with a DS, and the one everyone asked if whatever game is any good.

Also, senior year in our common room we had 3 TVs, genesis, snes, n64, xbox, gcn, and ps2.
It was awesome

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ENDscape said:
Strongbad007 said:
since I knew what I was talking about and then some faggot starts bitching about how it should be like $70 since it would be the best game ever, and I was just like, "no, fuck you. I'm not buying it anyway". Then he called me a nerd or something and I was even more pissed off.

LOL. Funniest thing i read. Well it doesnt matter since they can go and buy all the $70 dollar games they want. You can take the alternative and get worthy games only.

Lol most games that don't require attachments are 50$ aren't they?
QUOTE(JPH @ Sep 15 2008, 06:01 PM)
Nah, everyone has an Xbox or PS3.
Nerds usually have the Wii's :B
I feel insulted
frown.gif

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I have to agree with the people who pissed you off...

COD4, the most overrated FPS? I guess Halo doesn't exist. Although I don't agree with the reasoning of $70 because "it's the best game ever," you're trying to make money aren't you? Most new 360 and PS3 games are already $59.99(like COD5) and people still buy them. And how are flamethrowers and katana random? They could be in there if done right...but a katana would probably have to be in some sort of interactive cutscene...

And to answer the question, at my school everyone was fine with playing videogames, well the guys at least and some girls. However most were into the mainstream games like GTA4, Halo, GH, and sports games. And the ones with a Wii usually have play games like WiiSports or MK. Although the quarterback of our footbball team was a big fan of Zelda...

I brought in my Wii and 360 to school after my AP tests were over in my AP Bio class. Everyone seemed to have played and enjoyed Smash Bros. and other people played GH on my 360.

S

ScuberSteve

Everyone has SOMETHING.

Then they all come to me when they get a DS.
Then I call them all retards for buying an R4.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
Theres gamers but not hard core gamers or pirates (just people who thing P2P is god an Limewire is Jesus). My school is full of idiots...
That's how it is at my school...I'm like the only one who plays Counter-Strike more than once a year, for example...

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much everyone knows I'm a hardcore gamer. I hate it when assholes at school buy a 360 and think they know everything about video games. For instance I was talking to my kick ass teacher Mr. Golden. He wanted a new system to play guitar hero on. He had the first 2 on PS2 and wanted a step up. He told us first day he doesn't play many video games except guitar hero since hes a rocker. I recommend buying a Wii since its cheaper and the games are cheaper as well. Its not like he should invest anything more then 250 on a console if hes only going to play guitar hero on it. But then some fucking douche bad in class bugged in and start saying "no way man. the wii sucks dick, the graphics are so crappy." I knew I was talking to an idiot already but I was going to reply back only because my teacher would hear why he should get a wii. I gave pretty much the simplest answer for the simplest person; "its fucking guitar hero. your not playing for graphics. Who gives a fuck if the colored circles are brighter?"

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
Pretty much everyone knows I'm a hardcore gamer. I hate it when assholes at school buy a 360 and think they know everything about video games. For instance I was talking to my kick ass teacher Mr. Golden. He wanted a new system to play guitar hero on. He had the first 2 on PS2 and wanted a step up. He told us first day he doesn't play many video games except guitar hero since hes a rocker. I recommend buying a Wii since its cheaper and the games are cheaper as well. Its not like he should invest anything more then 250 on a console if hes only going to play guitar hero on it. But then some fucking douche bad in class bugged in and start saying "no way man. the wii sucks dick, the graphics are so crappy." I knew I was talking to an idiot already but I was going to reply back only because my teacher would hear why he should get a wii. I gave pretty much the simplest answer for the simplest person; "its fucking guitar hero. your not playing for graphics. Who gives a fuck if the colored circles are brighter?"
Your allowed to cus at your school blatantly?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
dinofan01 said:

with most teacher yeah. Were seniors the teachers dont give a fuck since they yell FUCK! blatantly a lot too. Fucking chill
cool.gif

juggernaut911 said:
QUOTE(PizzaPasta @ Sep 15 2008, 06:12 PM)
I used to play with my wang under my desk during class.
wtf.gif
lol. I didnt catch that at first.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
You have an awesome teacher. I think our Algebra I teacher plays Guitar Hero...
smile.gif

But really, lots of people in my school don't hack, they usually have a XBOX360 or PSP. Some have a DS but hardly talk about it. None of them really pirate. Only one person I know. Just CFW. And they talk too much about XBOX Live during class... And when you ask someone how good a game is, they reply: "D1S G4M3 1S B@D@$$ D00D!!!"

Everyone at my school is stupid... And only spoiled kid has a PS3 and a HDTV... Ass... But of course the PS3 sucks right now... no good games.

And it happens to be where anyone that plays video games is a nerd. :S o.O I don't think they know Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3 are video games...

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
juggernaut911 said:
dinofan01 said:

with most teacher yeah. Were seniors the teachers dont give a fuck since they yell FUCK! blatantly a lot too. Fucking chill
cool.gif

juggernaut911 said:
QUOTE(PizzaPasta @ Sep 15 2008, 06:12 PM)
wtf.gif
lol. I didnt catch that at first.

luckyzorz!
I wish it was the same at my school but whatever. My school is cleaned though. less thugs

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alex said:
dinofan01 said:
smile.gif

I told you man. Hes fucking awesome. Unfortunately I go to an all boy school but it has its advantages. On being you can do whatever you want wiithout having to worry about a chick seeing (okay thats the only advantage). So all we do is draw dicks on people's shit when there not looking or draw dicks and pass it around (alot less gay then it sounds). So all I do in class when were reading is draw a big ass veiny dick and point it at my teacher. Hell be reading and looka round the class and just see this huge dick. He'll yell out "ahh WTF man? stop being gay!" its fucking awesome.

QUOTE(juggernaut911 @ Sep 15 2008, 07:38 PM)
I wish it was the same at my school but whatever. My school is cleaned though. less thugs
Thats pretty much my school. Were pretty much all Mexicans from East LA.... I mean Mexican Americans from a nice part of the city....

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PizzaPasta said:
juggernaut911 said:
PizzaPasta said:
wtf.gif

Theres gamers but not hard core gamers or pirates (just people who thing P2P is god an Limewire is Jesus). My school is full of idiots...

But that's what she said!
ph34r.gif

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
Alex said:
dinofan01 said:
smile.gif
I told you man. Hes fucking awesome. Unfortunately I go to an all boy school but it has its advantages. On being you can do whatever you want wiithout having to worry about a chick seeing (okay thats the only advantage). So all we do is draw dicks on people's shit when there not looking or draw dicks and pass it around (alot less gay then it sounds). So all I do in class when were reading is draw a big ass veiny dick and point it at my teacher. Hell be reading and looka round the class and just see this huge dick. He'll yell out "ahh WTF man? stop being gay!" its fucking awesome.

Heh, here it's just normal school, some hot chicks, freaky ones who walk around in the hallways grabbing their own boobs... o.O Guys who like touching other guys(I can't get this one off my back, everytime during the lunch line in the gym hes in the seat above me touching me... I tell him "fuck off queer you aint getting none of this!")
Your school reminds me of superbad...
ohmy.gif
Kinda scary though...

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alex said:
dinofan01 said:
Alex said:
dinofan01 said:
smile.gif

Heh, here it's just normal school, some hot chicks, freaky ones who walk around in the hallways grabbing their own boobs... o.O Guys who like touching other guys(I can't get this one off my back, everytime during the lunch line in the gym hes in the seat above me touching me... I tell him "fuck off queer you aint getting none of this!")
Your school reminds me of superbad...
ohmy.gif
Kinda scary though...
yeah thats what everyone says. My schools pretty much superbad's inspiration.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2