Video Game Tournament Birthday Party ideas

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by manueld64, Aug 17, 2011.

Aug 17, 2011
  1. manueld64
    OP

Newcomer manueld64 Advanced Member

United States
    Hi yall, I am throwing a Video Game Tournament Birthday Party for my 12 year old boy. Just seeing if yall had any game suggestions. I have a 360, 4+ nintendo ds, wii, gamecube, ps2 and two original xboxes. and a dreamcast. I was thinking of super street fighter 4 in tournament mode on the 360. going to have about 8 kids to make tournament easy. Please let me know of what games yall suggest. Thank you so much. Oh maybe like prizes/awards for 1st 2nd 3r place. Thanks.

2. emmanu888

Member emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Canada
    i would think of soul calibur for the dreamcast for the tournament

3. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Marvel vs. Capcom 3 would definitely be a good choice; there would be a bunch of characters the kids would recognize, and it is a pretty easy game to pick up.

4. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    Maybe super smash bros Melee/Brawl? It is quite easy, and party-friendly [​IMG]
    + nintendo characters are always awesome!

5. Chikaku-chan

Member Chikaku-chan ᏁᎽᎪ~

Australia
    If you can wait for november, get Battlefield 3 or MW3. First shooters, IMO, make for the best comp games. Especially when you have to work as a team to get to a goal.
    (Oh I forgot 12year olds.)
    Go with MW3 more of a "I see you" *SHOOTS*
    Kind of game.

6. Gahars

United States
    Because an M rated game will go over so well at a party for 12 year old children. I'm sure their parents will just be thrilled...

7. Chikaku-chan

Member Chikaku-chan ᏁᎽᎪ~

Australia
    1. There are a lot of 12 year olds who do play M rated games.
    2. Is your whole Temp life bent on tormenting every single post or topic I create? because It has been lately

8. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Using tio to make some professional-looking pairings and standings charts is something the kids would probably find pretty neat.

http://allisbrawl.com/tio/

As for games, asking the kids which games they want to play would probably be the best route (although I'll throw in one suggestion of Power Stone/2).

9. Gahars

United States
    And many children younger than 17 see R rated movies, but that does not make airing one in an elementary/middle school classroom a good idea. All parents are different in terms of what content they allow their children to see; apparently this simple concept didn't occur to you. In any event, better to play it safe than to get a barrage of calls from angry parents.

As for 2, tormenting? Of course not. After all, how often does one get to correspond with a 2500 vampire on an internet forum? I have to relish the opportunity.

Plus, you are a prolific poster, and you happen to make a lot of statements that I find disagreeable, so I offer my own opinion. I don't see anything wrong with that.

10. manueld64
    OP

United States

that is awesome, i was thinking about just drawing brackets on paper haha, thanks so much

11. Shinigami357

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines
    As long as the game isn't one of those crap PFS clones that seem to be all the rage. Trust me, those suck the intelligence and humanity out of kids fast. Smash Bros Brawl if you got it, maybe a Pokemon tourney if that's what the kids like, and I think SF4 would be good, too.

12. manueld64
    OP

United States
    thanks for the suggestions yall. got four ds lites, any suggestions on games for those? or wii

13. manueld64
    OP

United States
    oh yeah, maybe rented pokemon on ds with wii pokemon game huh

14. Shinigami357

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines
    DS games? Hm... Apart from the aforementioned Pokemon [the kids prob have their own copies] If you had enough flashcards, Jump Superstars would be cool [coz you can't play it in english otherwise]. Mario Kart is also a great party game.

Otherwise, maybe Metroid Prime: Hunters? Can't list all the games at the top of my head... Hm...

15. Shiro09

Member Shiro09 AAI2 Localisation Team

Australia
    Mario Kart + Mario Party, best ds multiplayer games

16. manueld64
    OP

United States
    thank you, i was thinking of starfox and metroid prime hunters, got flash carts for em all so, any other 4 player versus games yall know of, starfox, oh and any other games of the ds to wii functionality like pearl and diamond did to wii pokemon battle revolution or was that the only one?