Gaming Video Game Rentals at Your Local Library?

pimpyT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps it was a while ago that I read on Joystiq or another gaming site that some libraries were starting to have Video Game Rentals. I never thought that it would come across to my library, not that I ever visit there. However, a friend mentioned to me that our local library had GC, PS2, XBOX, X360, NDS, & even Wii games. I went to check it out and of course not much was left, but that catalog has over 20 Wii games, which isn't bad for a free 7 day rental (and an allowable 1 week renewal). While the selection does have some duds like Bee Movie, Barnyard, World Poker, etc, it did have some winners like Super Paper Mario, Zelda, Metroid 3, etc.

Does your local library have video games? If so, for what systems and is there a decent selection?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my local one there are only educational PC games but one in Peterborough had ancient PC and PSX games.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps it was a while ago that I read on Joystiq or another gaming site that some libraries were starting to have Video Game Rentals. I never thought that it would come across to my library, not that I ever visit there. However, a friend mentioned to me that our local library had GC, PS2, XBOX, X360, NDS, & even Wii games. I went to check it out and of course not much was left, but that catalog has over 20 Wii games, which isn't bad for a free 7 day rental (and an allowable 1 week renewal). While the selection does have some duds like Bee Movie, Barnyard, World Poker, etc, it did have some winners like Super Paper Mario, Zelda, Metroid 3, etc.Â

Does your local library have video games? If so, for what systems and is there a decent selection?

Games? At a public library?

This must only happen in other countries because I have never heard of nor seen any games in either my or any other library.

- Fitzy

Rulza

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, not here.
Not even educational PC games!
ohmy.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh.....there's a library just one block over from my house.....never been in there in the 8 years I've lived here.

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps it was a while ago that I read on Joystiq or another gaming site that some libraries were starting to have Video Game Rentals. I never thought that it would come across to my library, not that I ever visit there. However, a friend mentioned to me that our local library had GC, PS2, XBOX, X360, NDS, & even Wii games. I went to check it out and of course not much was left, but that catalog has over 20 Wii games, which isn't bad for a free 7 day rental (and an allowable 1 week renewal). While the selection does have some duds like Bee Movie, Barnyard, World Poker, etc, it did have some winners like Super Paper Mario, Zelda, Metroid 3, etc.Â

Does your local library have video games? If so, for what systems and is there a decent selection?
I always wanted that
wub.gif

Remy669

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Till a year or 2 ago, my Library did have an enormous amount of games. But not anymore. They sold them all... Pretty cool though, i got Diablo 2 + Expansion for €2,-. Age of Empires 1 and 2 + all expansions for €5,-. And some other games.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple