Video game rage stories?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Anyone have any rageworthy tales of their adventures in Video Gaming? I'll start.

I'm playing Soul Calibur 3 with about 6 friends. I'm maining Voldo, and I beat everyone in the room at least 3 times. Everyone starts to complain about how that's "the only character i'm good at" I then pick Mitsurugi, Talim, Yoshimitsu, and Maxi for the next 4 fights, and everyone throws down their controllers refusing to play unless another game is booted up.

Reactions: 1 person

MelodieOctavia

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was playing a friend at Super Smash Bros Melee. He's kickin' my ass, so I decide to get serious. We're on peaches castle, and I start kicking the crap out of him. I think it was a 3 stock match, he had to kill me once, I had to kill him 3 times. Well I killed him twice, and just before he finishes me off, I bounce him off the wall for about 150 damage and finish him. He throws down his controller, punches a fan in front of him, damaging it, punches a hole in his wall, then rages off to my friends house, who I can only assume got yelled at for something I did. All while me and his sister lol'd heartily.

I forgot what DS game I was playing, but it made me rage so bad I threw my DS, and it happened to be poorly aimed at a window.
Luckily, the window was open. Flew straight into my yard, and was completely undamaged, albeit slightly dirty.

Playing SSB melee again, did a tourney with me and 2 others. I ended up winning and the dude I beat to do so, rageturned off the gamecube before it called me the winner. I I said "what the fuck?!" and threw my controller at him, poorly. I hit him right in the balls with the controller. Damn good thing it wasn't an xbox game or he'd never have children.

Dark Souls. Booted up game. Two seconds later... Huge boss. Died. Dashboarded. Haven't played since.

That first hugeass demon in the courtyard? You were supposed to run from it in the beginning.

lolwut?

Yap, you were supposed to run from it, get better equipment, and come back like 5 minutes later and wreck it's shit.

Actually it's so pathetically easy to dodge you can easily beat it the first time. Just takes forever.

MelodieOctavia

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Was playing a friend at Super Smash Bros Melee. He's kickin' my ass, so I decide to get serious. We're on peaches castle, and I start kicking the crap out of him. I think it was a 3 stock match, he had to kill me once, I had to kill him 3 times. Well I killed him twice, and just before he finishes me off, I bounce him off the wall for about 150 damage and finish him. He throws down his controller, punches a fan in front of him, damaging it, punches a hole in his wall, then rages off to my friends house, who I can only assume got yelled at for something I did. All while me and his sister lol'd heartily.

I forgot what DS game I was playing, but it made me rage so bad I threw my DS, and it happened to be poorly aimed at a window.
Luckily, the window was open. Flew straight into my yard, and was completely undamaged, albeit slightly dirty.

Playing SSB melee again, did a tourney with me and 2 others. I ended up winning and the dude I beat to do so, rageturned off the gamecube before it called me the winner. I I said "what the fuck?!" and threw my controller at him, poorly. I hit him right in the balls with the controller. Damn good thing it wasn't an xbox game or he'd never have children.

Dark Souls. Booted up game. Two seconds later... Huge boss. Died. Dashboarded. Haven't played since.

That first hugeass demon in the courtyard? You were supposed to run from it in the beginning.

lolwut?

Yap, you were supposed to run from it, get better equipment, and come back like 5 minutes later and wreck it's shit.

Actually it's so pathetically easy to dodge you can easily beat it the first time. Just takes forever.

I tried to do that on my second playthrough, but I was so bored to tears by the time I even got halfway, I ran and got the equipment anyway.

Stabbing it in the ass with a broken sword for 10 million years isn't the way I would describe "fun"

AzureuzZetsunai

HAHA, 20!... i punch it!
Trophies
Website
hashtiv.com
XP
Country
Mexico
playing codmw3 and encountering a damn haxxor, it rages me out the f++k, i start by just spamming his her email and then lag his game out by turning on ares at full speed :D then i talk trough the mic and say: try to hack my lag a+s+ole.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenosaga: Barely make it past that first boss fight where you get Momo out of the space station, decide game is annoying. Level-grind for 5 hours in that dungeon > game freezes (I had never had ANY console game freeze on me ever) > WTF is this, a crappy PC game!!?!?! > RAGE > QUIT

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Boss rush mode in Skyward Sword to get the Hylian Shield:
1. Ghirahim at the first temple
2. Scaldera at the Earth Temple
3. Kolkotos at the Ancient Cistern
4. Tentalus at the Sandship
5. Ghirahim at the Fire Sanctuary
6. The Imprisoned 3
7. The Imprisoned 1
8. The IMprisoned 2

Reactions: 2 people

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
Boss rush mode in Skyward Sword to get the Hylian Shield:
1. Ghirahim at the first temple
2. Scaldera at the Earth Temple
3. Kolkotos at the Ancient Cistern
4. Tentalus at the Sandship
5. Ghirahim at the Fire Sanctuary
6. The Imprisoned 3
7. The Imprisoned 1
8. The IMprisoned 2

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doing the tournament in SSBB with 8-10 other people. Teko (his game tag) and I keep going to the final match when we did 1v1 matches so they decided that they would free for all with 4 people to get me and him from going to finals. The game never pitted us together and also they ended up killing each other while trying to kill us. The owner of the wii raged and grabbed his wii while it was still plugged to everything. He and the rest stormed off while we laugh at them. In the end, he damaged something in it to where it won't power up.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Xenosaga: Barely make it past that first boss fight where you get Momo out of the space station, decide game is annoying. Level-grind for 5 hours in that dungeon > game freezes (I had never had ANY console game freeze on me ever) > WTF is this, a crappy PC game!!?!?! > RAGE > QUIT
wat.
he is hard for a reason, you don't have to grind at all.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
MarioKart DS, Bullet Bill. Drops you out of bullet mode right into a wall or off the track every. Single. Time.

>pick up Bullet Bill
>overtake several opponents
>it drops you into a lake
>by the time Lakitu drops you back on the track and you get up to speed, all the opponents overtake you right back
>mfw I have no face.

Hydreigon

Isn't that DELICIOUS!?
Trophies
XP
Country
MW3. I see a clan of 5 people who takes the game far too seriously.

Match starts, I pull out my launcher and blow the shit out of everyone. 5 seconds later, everyone on my team leaves. A few moments later, my inbox is filled with the voices of really pissed off kids. I must have spent a good ten minutes replying to their love letters hate mail.

MK7. Full room, and everyone votes Maka Wuhu. Yay.

Almost everyone does the cheap ass shortcut, everyone but me. Everyone didn't know how to do this properly, so I breezed through the entire course. I came in first, and everyone but two people stayed for the next race.

Reactions: 2 people

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
>CoD4:MW
>Veteran
>One Shot, One Kill

A few veteran missions in that game were already over the top. Playing through Heat was insane. Mile High Club was a test in frustration and repetition. The king of all broken veteran missions came to light as me and my friend realized we only had a single mission left to complete on that difficulty: One Shot, One Kill. It starts out easy enough. Snipe off an arm with a high caliber rifle, and then make your way to the landing zone to get picked up. Having played the game previously on lower difficulties, my friend and I knew a standoff from hell was coming. This standoff is actually impossible to do legitimately, as far as I'm aware. You generally have to find a hiding point, or use locations that are just on the edge of the enemy detection, and hide there. Over the course of several months, we tried off and on to beat this mission.

Now, my friend rages really hard. I rage really hard. We're the last people you want playing something as infuriating as that. I have broken two things in my rage throughout the years. My original DS (which turned out to be the best thing I could do to prolong my ability to enjoy a DS), and I cracked a PS3 controller on my brother's bowie knife on accident while raging at I forget what. The controller still works fine, so broken probably isn't appropriate.

My friend threw and broke three 360 controllers because of CoD4 as a whole, two because of One Shot, One Kill.

So ridiculous.

Fun fact: One time, we made it to the end of the mission, took too much time grabbing the captain and getting to the helicopter, and they flew away right as my friend got up to it.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, SC3 made me rage when I accidentally triggered a glitch that erased all of my save data. Having to start from scratch and unlocking the characters, stages, items, etc. all over again was definitely annoying.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MarioKart DS, Bullet Bill. Drops you out of bullet mode right into a wall or off the track every. Single. Time.

>pick up Bullet Bill
>overtake several opponents
>it drops you into a lake
>by the time Lakitu drops you back on the track and you get up to speed, all the opponents overtake you right back
>mfw I have no face.

Mario Kart related:

>Going towards ramp
>Random shell hits you exactly as you go off ramp.
>Get stunned and fall in water
>1st place to 7th place

HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

Oh yeah, the AI in Mario Kart Wii are also major dicks. Play them on 150cc and it's basically a 7v1 racing game. They literally time their items together to get you into a relatively long lockdown chain. Happens way too often.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?