Video-everything craze

phalk

Handheld Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why the hell do people make videos for everything now?

Hell: tutorials, guides, even simple news that could go into a single line of text, everything is made into videos now.

I find it SO inconvenient. I want to go straight to a specific part of a guide or anything and I have to start seeking a whole video to find it and also hear those almost always useless uploader comments.

Why the hell people think this is a good idea?

Text and images are so much better than this.

Last edited by phalk,

phalk

Handheld Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Take a look at this:

Why not make a goddamn side-by-side image with the changes?
I refuse to watch a video just to find out things like this.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have had this a few times as well. ROM hacking seems to be something people want videos for, however I have no idea how I am supposed to condense an hour of me staring at a hex editor, emulator, tile viewer and disassembler into something if not compelling then actually watchable.

That said videos for things is not a bad development, but I do still want text and images.

D

Deleted User

Videos are good for some things, but I definitely prefer reading things like game guides because I have issues processing information when spoken to me versus when I read information.

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Videos are good for some things, but I definitely prefer reading things like game guides because I have issues processing information when spoken to me versus when I read information.
Exactly the point I want to make, I absolutely hate tutorials when done through videos.
The only time I do video tutorials is when people are too stupid to comprehend how to do something via text, and I do not use commentary except opening a box in TextEdit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou