Video displaying Batman Arkam City: Armoured Edition's features

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hyro-Sama, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Hyro-Sama
    OP

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan

The following is a video showing Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition's new features being played on the Wii U's game pad. Some the new features in the being able to ascertain the location of enemies via sonar, touch and drag on the Wii U's touch screen to change Batman's gadgets promptly, and feature called "B.A.T' which allows Batman to grow stronger by performing combos. Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition is on track for a November 18th release date.

[yt]Pp_nHdwMUTI[/yt]​

2. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    Mmm, this looks fun! I've been wanting to play both arkham asylum, and arkham city, but never gotten around to it yet. this seems to be the "perfect" version to get for me (whenever I get a wiiU)

3. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Basically the touch screen acts as an inventory menu. The gyro gameplay looks like it could be good, particularly for point and click games.

4. shlong

Member shlong in memoriam of gravitas

Italy
    If this works well, and they do this sort of thing for more games then I may think of getting a Wii U.
    Other wise just nope

Batman still can't walk properly

5. narutofan777

Member narutofan777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Afghanistan
    These ideas seem cool but they are lame. Just make good exclusive games as it's better that these special features.

6. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    I'm pretty sure this is the same video that was at e3. But in any event it is still a game I'm excited for. It looks like the screen is used well and the core game is great.

7. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    These are neat novelties, but I'm not really sure if it's enough to fully justify the port. I think they would be better off bringing Arkham Asylum over for new players, but that's neither here nor there.

1 person likes this.
  8. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    cool cool cool

Arkham Asylum isn't needed as the stories in both games are mostly self-contained.

9. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Not exactly. Considering how a good chunk of the plot points are built off of the events of the first game (Joker's illness, the need for Arkham City in the first place, etc.), I wouldn't say they're so self contained. Plus, AA is a great game in its own right and deserves to be enjoyed by more people.

4 people like this.
  10. Range-TE

Member Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    Do I think this is the best version of Arkham City? if it includes DLCs, then yes

Do I think it's worth buying again after already completing the normal version? probably not