TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source will be released soon. Just thought some people may enjoy this.

Spine is a commerical quality 2D skeleton animation software, similar to that used by Ubisoft for games like Rayman Origins/Legends. I didn't make the animations, they're from the software authors. They're found elsewhere too: http://esotericsoftware.com/files/runtimes/spine-libgdx/raptor/

Last edited by TheCruel,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Means you can import and use animations made with Spine.

You can do a lot with it. You can move any joint you want independently in code as well, for instance, so that your player's face (or gun) is aim in the direction of the circle pad. Or you can also use event callbacks that trigger during certain animation frames: I did that do that a footstep.wav sound played every time the step animation was flat on the ground. So my character can walk / run at any varied rate and the footstep sounds always match when his foot touches the ground, and then you can set the sound playerback volume to match the walk speed to get some more realistic *hard* footsteps. Anyways, there's a lot of animation step that can be done, look up the software for yourself if you're interested. I'm also going to be implementing DragonBones probably, which is free software.

Suikoden77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So this libraries well used have a lot of potential in platformers !! hope to see one of those soon! for me the video was impressive :DDD

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Tested on new 3ds xl 9.0 and it works great. 60.1 fps and sometimes it drops really fast but just to 58.4 fps. To exit I hold R, L, Start and Select

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.