(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
E5N7_zBs8tHXxRjJWuq3AkErrZIQFd8p-_iuvC4WFvo3EoakbjfBuPhzfi2ip18oY3DM3_jomw=w1060-fcrop64=1,00005a57ffffa5a8-nd-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

Video Game Music extension channel BrawlBRSTMs3 X has started a livestream, which is uncommon for that channel. The livestream is titled "BrawlBRSTMs3 X Farewell Stream (Being Terminated by YouTube)", which caused a pit to form in my stomach as soon as I read it. The description reads:
BrawlBRSTMs3 X said:
We just learned that we have a lot of copyright strikes from the past 5 days, all on Streets of Rage music. Thankfully, we were given a 7 day grace period before being terminated. Let's just hang out and chat.
The channel is well known for its VGM extensions, most of which are 30 minutes in length. This termination will cause hours upon hours of content to be lost. You can tune into the farewell stream below.

:arrow:Source: BrawlBRSTMs3 X on YouTube

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FUCK! I used this channel all the time playing Pokemon songs while I showered. That fucking sucks, it does remind me how much I used this channel. I hadn't realized I consumed this more than almost every other channel, a good 1/3 of my Youtube time was from this channel. Aw man, yeah I'll probably rip some of the 30 minute loops, I need music for the shower.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
FUCK! I used this channel all the time playing Pokemon songs while I showered. That fucking sucks, it does remind me how much I used this channel. I hadn't realized I consumed this more than almost every other channel, a good 1/3 of my Youtube time was from this channel. Aw man, yeah I'll probably rip some of the 30 minute loops, I need music for the shower.
To be fair I believe it may be easier to grab the .brstm files and play them with any amount of loops you want to achieve the same result.
Only it won't be so heavy to store on your pc.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair I believe it may be easy to grab the .brstm files and play them with any amount of loops you want to achieve the same result.
Only it won't be so heavy to store on your pc.

I already do that for PC, tons of brstm files, I just don't know of an Android app that plays them, I use my phone to play music while showering.

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I already do that for PC, tons of brstm files, I just don't know of an Android app that plays them, I use my phone to play music while showering.
Droidsound-E should work perfectly for this purpose.
In fact, any music player using the VGMSTREAM input plugin should work.

KevinLSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, now we are left with just gilvasunner.

Also doenst he have a second channel that he would upload 30min extended songs onto?

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Update regarding the BrawlBRSTMs3 X situation described in the OP.
The official Twitter account for the channel made this Tweet:

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Considering Youtube now has loop playback (unsure if it's still not supported on phones), is there even a reason for extended tracks? I'm not too familiar with this channel, but from what I understand people originally made extended tracks because Youtube lacked the ability to loop back in the day.

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Are you kidding me?
This channel has a lot of music extensions it it will all be deleted because SEGA decided to be like Nintendo.
This is not ok.
BTW not common from SEGA's side to copytight strike stuff, really sad

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering Youtube now has loop playback (unsure if it's still not supported on phones), is there even a reason for extended tracks? I'm not too familiar with this channel, but from what I understand people originally made extended tracks because Youtube lacked the ability to loop back in the day.

I wasn't aware of this, even in desktop versions, so I don't even know if there is a loop feature for the phone ones. Thanks @VinsCool for the Droidsound-E namedrop by the way, works.

Reactions: VinsCool

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't aware of this, even in desktop versions, so I don't even know if there is a loop feature for the phone ones. Thanks @VinsCool for the Droidsound-E namedrop by the way, works.

I didn't know about it either until a friend of mine on FB pointed it out earlier this year. Basically right-click on the video and you should see an option for Loop. Last I checked it didn't exist on the android app, but that was when I first discovered the feature on desktop. Maybe they've added it since.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    both of which work well in potplayer
    amd is a bit cheaper though
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Cheaper and they are less stingy with the RAM not a big issue now but I can imagine in a yard or two things might be different
    Year not yard lol
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow