• RGB SCART

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For VGA: I will use a 17" LCD monitor that isn't widescreen and I will hook up the audio jacks to the AV receiver which gives out Dolby ProLogic using 4 speakers.

For RGB SCART: I will plug it in my 44" rear projection TV on a SCART adaptor which gives RGB picture and Dolby Virtual surround sound.

Also, can I do 720p on a standard monitor? The maximum display size the monitor can handle is 1280 x 1024. Again, it isn't widescreen but since I prefer using horizontally stretched widescreen than having black bars at the top and at the bottom, I can live with it.

Also, what kind of audio quality do the audio jacks provide?

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'd go for SCART (c'mon you gotta choose between 17" and 44" ?!).
Then again, if I'd be you, i'd buy an HDMI or component cable instead of any of those two.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Neither.

Get a TV which supports HDMI
happy.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The latest dash adds pretty decent support for VGA monitors, not to mention you can change aspect ratio if you really want. The main problem with using a "low" res TV (512 +~40% = 720) is some text is a bit messed up on some games (I believe it was fixed but dead rising was the first major casualty).

I would go with the monitor for single player but keep the TV if you plan to do any multiplayer gaming.

Audio: you speaker setup (more specifically the room they are in) is likely to show fault before the jacks do.

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
you'll get great res on the little screen but it's small.
you'll get a high res on the big screen but not sure if vga will look good on a 44" whats the dpi?

i'd say if the 17" is in your room then stick with that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, the one i installed has the voices from the latam dub of the anime