TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
As Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gave her speech at George Washington University yesterday condemning governments that arrest protestors and do not allow free expression, 71-year-old Ray McGovern was grabbed from the audience in plain view of her by police and an unidentified official in plain clothes, brutalized and left bleeding in jail. She never paused speaking. When Secretary Clinton began her speech, Mr. McGovern remained standing silently in the audience and turned his back. Mr. McGovern, a veteran Army officer who also worked as a C.I.A. analyst for 27 years, was wearing a Veterans for Peace t-shirt.

Blind-sided by security officers who pounced upon him, Mr. McGovern remarked, as he was hauled out the door, "So this is America?" Mr. McGovern is covered with bruises, lacerations and contusions inflicted in the assault.

Mr. McGovern is being represented by the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (PCJF). "It is the ultimate definition of lip service that Secretary of State Clinton would be trumpeting the U.S. government's supposed concerns for free speech rights and this man would be simultaneously brutalized and arrested for engaging in a peaceful act of dissent at her speech," stated attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard of the PCJF.

Mr. McGovern now works for Tell the Word, a publishing arm of the ecumenical Church of the Saviour in the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Washington, D.C.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Vy8fFnz18[/youtube]

Source : http://www.commondreams.org/further/2011/02/16-3

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
TwinRetro said:
proof positive that speeches like this are just verbal masturbation as far as actual practice is concerned.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw it. The way she doesn't even skip a beat is disgraceful. I hope next time she makes a speech thousands show up to do exactly the same thing.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? What is he fighting against and what is Hilary talking about?

Kinda did that in a rude way, but the actions against that was completely off. :/

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:

Kinda did that in a rude way, but the actions against that was completely off. :/

Hilary Clinton was talking about the terrible actions committed by Mubarkak against the protesters in Egypt, while simultaneously allowing a silent protester to be arrested for protesting. And how was that rude? His point was proven very effectively. He turned his back on her to basically say he didn't believe a word she was saying nor did he believe that she supported what she was saying. I'd say he was pretty spot on.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
KingVamp said:

Hilary Clinton was talking about the terrible actions committed by Mubarkak against the protesters in Egypt, while simultaneously allowing a silent protester to be arrested for protesting. And how was that rude? His point was proven very effectively. He turned his back on her to basically say he didn't believe a word she was saying nor did he believe that she supported what she was saying. I'd say he was pretty spot on.
Aw! I may be wrong, but couldn't he let her finish first?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
KingVamp said:
Aw! I may be wrong, but couldn't he let her finish first?

No, because that wouldn't have been an effective protest.
Yea that make sense. I'll take that back then.
smile.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
TwinRetro said:
I would say in light of the situation his message couldn't have been more effective.

I couldn't nod in agreement more if I was a nodding dog toy on the dash of a car with bad shocks speeding downhill on an incredibly bumpy road!

QUOTE(Densetsu3000 @ Feb 18 2011, 04:52 AM) America doesn't value its own values. Fuck this godforsaken place, I want to move back to Japan.

It's not a country I could ever choose to live in, and unfortunately Britain is becoming more and more like it every year.
frown.gif
Traditional British values are slowly and steadily being replaced by American values.

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
people blindly believe in what they see on screen. That's massive brainwashing, you "Americans" are not free, neither have freedom of speech. The USA is not the promised land.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
rdurbin said:
im confused what exactly did he do wrong? just turned his back? im lost here

That's exactly what he did and all that he did. When everyone sat down for Clinton's speech he remained standing and then turned his back on her as a protest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all