VERY weird things happening to my n3DS on emuNAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Itachi_hoshigaki, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Itachi_hoshigaki
    OP

Itachi_hoshigaki Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2013
    Mexico
    Brownsville, Texas
    Well, I recently succesfully downgraded my n3ds and barely got to also "Succesfully" instal rxTools' emuNAND.

After that, I said, well I think i'm gonna unlinked them, sounded like a good idea to me.
    Then I downloaded TinyFormat, and started the process, after the process ended, I just started my emuNAND normally.

Then the screen when you turn on your 3DS came out, and followed the instructions, but when I got to the 3D screen checking, I noticed the 3D was not working, it just looked like super ghosting, but just one screen turned on.

I really did not cared about it and moved on with the process, then when i finished with it, I decided to update my console, and now, whenever I want to start emuNAND mode, the screen goes black!

What can I do to fix this whithout having to do all the emuNAND-formatting-and-what-not process?

2. LoganK93

LoganK93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 5, 2012
    United States
    Emunand is only usable up to 9.5.0 on N3DS. You updated to the latest 10.3, which then soft locked your emunand. You'll need to redo the process now.

Minnow and hobbledehoy899 like this.
  3. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    er?
    unlinking, you do by, removing your SD from the 3DS (cause the 3DS removes files of the SD)
    Turn 3DS on again and go into settings in sysnand and choose the format option.
    When done put SD back into 3DS and boot up, follow onscreen instructions and setup again MenuHax etc...

4. Yangarang

Yangarang GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2015
    Australia
    You can also unlink them by using TinyFormat to format your emunand, it's how I did it on both my O3DS and my friend's O3DSXL
    By unlinking them that way, you can access the eshop, whereas if you unlink the normal way, you can't (from my first emunand experience, at least)

5. runetoonxx2

runetoonxx2 GBATemp's Cancer

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    The GBATemp
    help my sysupdate sayd failed to get cia info

6. Itachi_hoshigaki
    OP

Itachi_hoshigaki Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2013
    Mexico
    Brownsville, Texas
    Same thing happenned to me, just keep trying, trust me, it took me like 90-110 tries, 2/half-3 hour straight, no joke, KEEP TRYING!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Is it possible to somehow update through sysUpdate?

7. Justin20020

Justin20020 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I cant access the eshop when I already unlinked the nands. I tried to format my emunand via gateway ultra launcher, installed rxtools (im on 10.3 -o3ds) and update it to 10.3 (you should use sysupdater maybe). From there I could link my NNID on emunand. After this, I unlinked the nands already and still can use the eshop

8. psvpwner

psvpwner GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2015
    This happens on my friends N3DS also in Reinand EmuNAND. Just close the lid and open again to fix it (lasts until the next time you reboot the console).

9. Itachi_hoshigaki
    OP

Itachi_hoshigaki Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2013
    Mexico
    Brownsville, Texas
    I rebooted like 5 times, still the same, but whatever, i already did the whole process again from scratch, thanks guys!

10. psvpwner

psvpwner GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2015
    Did you read what I quoted? I was trying to tell you how to fix the 3D freaking out.

11. Itachi_hoshigaki
    OP

Itachi_hoshigaki Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2013
    Mexico
    Brownsville, Texas
    Hahaha, Yes! I read it! but I said, I already did the whole thing again, so it does not matter anymore, thank you alot anyway, friend!

12. psvpwner

psvpwner GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2015
    Alright, well I thought you might need it anyway, even if you reinstalled. My understanding was that this was a normal problem with N3DS emunand. Well, good luck :)

13. Itachi_hoshigaki
    OP

Itachi_hoshigaki Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2013
    Mexico
    Brownsville, Texas
    I double posted, wth?

Last edited by Itachi_hoshigaki, Jan 6, 2016
  14. N64

N64 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 16, 2014
    United States
    n3ds emunand cannot go past 9.5 yet

15. Rickmofujohn

Rickmofujohn Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Wait is the 3d working fine on 9.5 emurand?

16. Pheinte

Pheinte GBAtemp Regular

May 31, 2011
    Portugal
    Portugal
    Isn't there a permanent fix instead of always having to close the lid?
    I'm on 9.2 emunand.

17. Duskie

Duskie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    Sweden
    Can you please tell me what these NNID's and stuff are? I am successfully on 10.3 with emuNAND and 9.2 sysNAND without even unlinking them or backing up emunand (because I couldn't) and my eshop works fine with the emuNAND mode

18. trancepara

trancepara GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2008
    United States
    I unlinked my NAND by removing SD card, etc. And I got eshop access back by making sure that after installing NVer to both nands and using HANS, I relogged my NNID on sysnand and then emunand was able to log in and redownload my games. :)

19. Justin20020

Justin20020 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    NNID = Nintendo Network ID. This is needed to launch the eshop :)

20. Duskie

Duskie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    Sweden
    oh I didn't think of that :D but yeah thanks.