Hacking Very strange problem with preloader in SM4.0U

Pip_X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
- I have a Wii with System Menu v417 and IOS60-64-v6174.
- I then installed preloader 0.29 with hack.ini for 4.0U
- Preloader installer patches IOS60 and boot to preloader menu.
- Without enabling any hack or change any setting, I immediately go to System Menu from preloader menu, but I got error: File System Corrupted.
- I go back to preloader menu, and it shows "IOS60 v417" and I double checked, preloader uses IOS60 to load System Menu.
- I then reinstall preloader again, this time preloader installer did not patch IOS60 because it patched.
- After the 2nd install, I try to run System Menu again, still the same error message comeout.
- I try to brick the Wii by installing IOS60-64-v6174 again, and from my understanding, preloader should not work anymore.
- But after installing IOS60-64-v6174, preloader still loads up, System Menu still show File System Corrupted error.
- I run the preloader installer again, this time it patch ios60 again.
- Back to preloader menu, access again System Menu still show File System Corrupted error.
- I then set the preloader to load System Menu using other IOS (30,50,233,249), the System Menu booted! But will hang when a disc is inserted or the SD menu is accessed.
- Set in preloader to load System Menu with IOS60 again, File System Corrupted error again.

- I have never install cIOSCROP, but only cIOS60BF, but it got replaced by IOS60-64-v6174 before I try to install preloader to the Wii.

- A install of System Menu v417 fixed all this but I cannot get preloader to be installed on the Wii.

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmmm strange, the hang part I also had when running on ios249. have you tried to install a patched ios60 on you're wii? otherwise try to run on ios36 like me. it works(almost(atleast you can acces the wad files and play games))

Dio141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
that exactly same problem happened to me too, tried to use ios 60(mine's patched) it said the system was currupted, and i could only unbrick it with bootmii, and tried many others....but i didn't tried ios 36, will try probably tomorow...if it works i'll edit this post so you can try that on your wii.

Pip_X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Loading System Menu v417 on IOS36 wont hang if we insert a DVD or accessing the SD Menu?
Can we play games form SD Menu as well?

Pip_X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Loading System Menu v417 on IOS36 will hang occassionally on the SD Card Menu.
And games copies to SD Card wont load.

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Pip,
Something similiar happened to me and this is how I got mine working right ..

Installed Cioscorp
Then reinstalled the patch for ios60
then reinstalled preloader

if it says patch already applied, then your going to run into the same error again. You need to get it to where preloader will apply the patch again. I had to do this several times before I got mine working I know on the second try

I believe at some point I got so ticked off with doing over and over again I might have used Wiiscu at one point to do the update to 60 patched with trucha, but most people havent talked about using wiiscu.

let me know what happens if you retry with cioscorp. i used the ultimate 4.0 guide steps.

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
could it be a patched ios60 file I installed before going to 4.0e? Did you need to install the original ios60 so that waninkoko's 4.0 installer had to patch it? or preloader im not sure of which program patches the ios.

jwcgator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this exact same problem. I talked to crediar for a bit about it on IRC, and he said that the ES_DIverify module is shared and that maybe something overwrote it with something newer and preloader couldn't patch it, but that was all speculation really.

Pip_X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I cant understand this:

- I try to brick the Wii by installing IOS60-64-v6174 again, and from my understanding, preloader should not work anymore.
- But after installing IOS60-64-v6174, preloader still loads up.

Why preloader still load? The Wii should brick. Why I cannot make it brick this way?

jwcgator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pip_X said:
I cant understand this:

- But after installing IOS60-64-v6174, preloader still loads up.

Why preloader still load? The Wii should brick. Why I cannot make it brick this way?

Preloader only patches ios60 so that the system menu can load, not so that Preloader can load. Preloader can use a clean slate IOS60, but it won't be able to load the System Menu

_Zephyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
anyone solved this yet? I got the same problem here
frown.gif

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had the same problem
Not sure why, but the ES_DiVerifiy patch wasn't working right.

This is how I fixed it:
-Downgrade to a system menu that DOES NOT use IOS60
-Delete IOS60 with Anytitle Deleter
-Reinstall IOS60 and update again
-Reinstall preloader

Uninstalling and reinstalling IOS60 with wad manager didn't work, I had to use anytitle deleter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey