Hacking Very strange issue..

Sammael

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My gf and I got identical flash cards, dsi's and m3i zeros. I set mine up and it worked fine. I showed her how to and watched to make sure that she did everything correctly. Here's the breakdown:
My m3 and flashcard work in both dsi's.
Her flashcard works in my m3 in both dsi's.
Her m3 does not work in either dsi.
Her m3 does work in a ds light.

Any advice, or should we get in touch with the company that shipped it?

Sammael

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's correct. It must have been flashed at least somewhat correctly because it works in a DS Lite, but for whatever reason doesn't work in a DSI. And it can't be the dsi or flash cards because they've both been tested since we have duplicates of each.

As for the link from TJ, thank you, but I used that link when first flashing the firmware and I don't see anything else that pertains to my particular trouble. I used the process on two m3's, one worked, one didn't work completely.

Sammael

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Try replacing the f_core.dat file with the one in tj_cool's link and try and reflash it.

Unfortunately that's the one that I used for both cartridges since the beginning. Just for shits and giggles I just gave it another go, but the outcome is the same.
I'm pretty sure it's just a hardware issue and will require a return.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sammael said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Try replacing the f_core.dat file with the one in tj_cool's link and try and reflash it.

Unfortunately that's the one that I used for both cartridges since the beginning. Just for shits and giggles I just gave it another go, but the outcome is the same.
I'm pretty sure it's just a hardware issue and will require a return.

Yes I know it's the same one but it's updated and changed once you do the flashing process.

Sammael

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried blowing on the contacts and redownloading all the files. No change; still doesn't detect the cart in the dsi's, but in the ds light it works.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dude guys wtf? What's with the 3 in a row same response? It's starting to getting all annoying, 1 person posts the answer and then another person decided to post the same answer but with the words mixed around to try and get some reward or something along those lines to get more fame.

Person 1: Yah it sounds like the contacts are bad use the original trick with paper
Person 2: Your contacts are bad wedge paper in between your card and your DSi
Person 3: Use the good old paper trick on yer contacts that'll work

It's really starting to get annoying.

And dsrules so many m3i zero problems lately have been because of the flashing process or the firmware I totally forgot about bad contacts.

cngamemart

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gamezway.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
DeltaBurnt said:
so many m3i zero problems lately have been because of the flashing process or the firmware
so choosing is important
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end