Hacking Very quick yes/no questions

Risodon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First time I have to ask probably really stupid questions but I keep them precise enough so somebody just has to answer yes or no to them so I at least don’t steal somebody else’s time.

In the last few months the wiiu homebrew scene moved very fast and I want to bring my system to the newest state. Until now I use Version 5.1.0 and since the place where the wii u is set up does not allow any port except 80 I have to set up a Hotspot over my phone and dial in the wiiubru website to start the home brew channel. So this is all set up.
Now my questions:

I want to install the newest CBHC but for that I have to install a virtual console game. Are the virtual console games given in the list still good? I'm asking since Nintendo moved incredibly fast and took down or updated titles when there was a similar vulnerability on the 3ds.

I also have to update to he newest firmware to download the Virtual Console games in the Eshop. Is there any repercussions in comparison to 5.1.0 ? (E.g. region freedom which is the most important for me since I mostly use the hacks to play the English versions of my japanese wiiu games …)

Thanks for your time.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do yourself a favor and update to 5.5.1. There's no reason to be on lower firmware at this point.

Yep the DS VC games shown in the list for Haxchi are still good, simply log into Eshop and buy it. Brain Age is the cheapest, Dr Kawashima might be free.

Nintendo doesn't patch anything Wii U wise. But even so I suggest setting up a DNS to block future updates.

Reactions: Risodon

Risodon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do yourself a favor and update to 5.5.1. There's no reason to be on lower firmware at this point.

Yep the DS VC games shown in the list for Haxchi are still good, simply log into Eshop and buy it. Brain Age is the cheapest, Dr Kawashima might be free.

Nintendo doesn't patch anything Wii U wise. But even so I suggest setting up a DNS to block future updates.

Thanks. Will do!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1