very good question about online gaming

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kirby22, Jun 27, 2008.

Jun 27, 2008
  1. kirby22
    OP

Newcomer kirby22 Newbie

United States
    hey i live in syria, when i play the pal copy of mario strikers charged football online the game is fast and it doesn't lag but when i use the ntsc copy the game is sloww. why is this happening. so does that mean that the pal copy of mario kart works faster than the ntsc one or is it a problem for mario strikers only? ps i have a US wii 3.3u

2. trent_fox

Member trent_fox GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The European servers are located a lot closer to you than the American ones are. That is why you get less lag with the PAL copy. If you're going to play online games, you'd probably be better off sticking with PAL versions.

3. Gnac

Newcomer Gnac Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    One theory: the NTSC version tries to connect to servers in North America which are further away...?

EDIT: lol beaten

4. kirby22
    OP

Newcomer kirby22 Newbie

United States
    actually when i play mario kart wii ntsc there is no lag at all so

5. Jm9760

Member Jm9760 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm pretty sure that's just because Mario Kart is just much better with lag. Im in the US and when I play NTSC brawl online I get lag all the time but when I play NTSC Mario Kart online I don't get any lag. I think some games are just better than others in terms of online play.

6. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Canada
    Yes I agree with that. Maybe that's why nintendo made mario kart a 12 player game compared to 4plyer brawl.