Hardware Very dryish circle pad movement after cleaning with isopropyl

Krzycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My circle pad was dirty, since it was never cleaned before. It felt a bit sticky and oily inside, so I decided to put two drops of isopropyl on it and move the circle pad around to clean up everything inside.
The result? Joystick feels very dry, rought and scratchy inside. It's noisy and it feels uncomfortable to play with it right now. Have you got any ideas how to make it work as before?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
open your system and remove the circle pad from the inside. the little grey and black circles in there may be stuck.

Krzycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thx for idea @nero99! I did something different afterall. I've been sitting and doing some stuff, and while then moving the circle pad very fast making full circles like for 30min ( or even more ). It started to be more and more fluent. It works perfect right now. I've just stopped when it felt allright. It's much better then before cleaning now! :yay3ds:
So after all it looks it safe to drop some isopropyl out there, but be aware of this very first "dryness effect".

Krzycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No. It's 100% clean isopropyl. I was using it many times before for cleaning up different electronics too.

Krzycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I now what you mean. I'm not a kid ;)
The bottle says it's "isopropyl alcohol (IPA) of high purity (...) Contains only isopropyl alcohol"

Krzycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hmmm... I was gentle, not like pushing very hard to the limit. Just making full circles. I felt that it got better and better after each one, so I kept going.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... I was gentle, not like pushing very hard to the limit. Just making full circles. I felt that it got better and better after each one, so I kept going.
Dont ever again, this just kill the life spawn of this, there are alof of things you can use instead of killing it doing circles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: