OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have an old fat PS2, and I'm pretty sure it's a version 7. It is a little on the old side and I was considering to mod it. I have most the NA titles I could ever want, but I'd like to be able to play things like KHII:FM and FFX:International. I have no problem opening my console and soldering a mod chip. But I was also reading aout magic swap and the Memor32. I'm just curious what works best, and if I decide to buy a new PS2 Slim off the shelf is it mod-able?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a slimline PS2 which I bought in 2005 and I installed a Matrix Infinity modchip which I still use to this day. Before that, I used Swap Magic but I got lazy with the swapping which was why I chose the modchip in the end.

scruffman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
I do ps2 mods alot, u have some choices of chips to use. I personally use the Matrix Infinity mod chip because of its features, but they are hard to find them days, the next best thing with features is the Crystal Chip 2.0 Pro SLE. It has on board flash so u can put all your apps on it including HD loader. Both chips will run u between $40-$55US. If you don't want all the features u can just get a chip like the DUO3 Ultra which will cost u about $20US. The Memor32 is a memory card the you have to flash with 3rd party firmware in order the play the your backups games. The only thing I didn't like about it is the u have the patch your games before burning them. If you have a huge collection of games already it will be a pain to rip, patch and burn them again. But at least u don't have to open the ps2 and solder. It will cost u around $60-70US. The choice is yours. Have fun. I am away there if u need more help.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt