Verizon VS Sprint

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by BenRK, Feb 28, 2013.

Feb 28, 2013

Verizon VS Sprint by BenRK at 4:35 AM (475 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. BenRK
    OP

Member BenRK GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok, so I'm looking to get a tablet with a data plan. I live in an area with very poor coverage by any other companies, so stuff like AT&T and the like are out of the question.

Anyway, been looking around, and I've come to the conclusion that either Verizon or Sprint is what I should go with, but I'm not sure which. I know Verizon coverage is MUCH better in the area and that much of the supposed coverage from Sprint is actually roaming off of Verizon. However, Sprint has more data for the same price... See what I'm getting at?

So, which should I go for? I've heard some horror stories of Sprint terminating your contract if you roam too much, but Verizon doesn't look like it will be a walk in the park either...

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    I have used both Sprint and Verizon before, I lean more towards Sprint. They do cost a little more, but Verizon was horrible with billing (at least with in my old town, this could be different in other areas.) As well Sprint seems to have far better service in remote areas. This is just the experience I have had with both of them, it could be different for everyone honestly.

3. dj4uk6cjm

Member dj4uk6cjm GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've used verizon before and in my personal experience it was bad. My t-mobile service doesn't beg to differ well either but i am not one to question your decision on which one you'll choose or should choose, go with which ever service you like. Never used sprint before but my friend has and i've heard some good things about it. :P

4. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Indeed; I think it's just an issue of Veri-zoning.

5. BenRK
    OP

United States
    What do you mean by "horrible with billing?" Do you mean they don't remind you or send you a tree's worth of bills or have a shit ton of hidden costs or what?

And I've heard that with Sprint, too much roaming means you lose your service, and if that's the case... Well, there's very little actual Sprint service in this area, just to give you an idea.

6. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    It's more like I paid them and a week later they would say I didn't pay them and I would have to jump through hoops to prove I did pay them and then about week later they would do the very same thing again. Like they kept losing the bill or something.

I never had much trouble with Sprint, but I haven't used them recent years and I only used them in areas where they already had a lot service and I rarely ever roamed. So really I suggest looking into services that work best in your area and trying that instead.

7. BenRK
    OP

United States
    I have been looking. And Verizon and Sprint are the only two good ones in this area. No joke...

8. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    That most be one remote place you live in .-.

9. BenRK
    OP

United States
    Oh don't get me wrong, where I live you can get anyone more or less. Take one step outside of town however and only Verizon and Sprint is there. What's the point in getting mobile data if I'm stuck to my apartment?

10. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    Then go with the one that works the best in your area. That's pretty much the extent of my advice on that.

11. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
  12. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    I've got Sprint now and I've never had a problem with them. Had alright service pretty much everywhere, even in some remote locations. As for issues with roaming and such, that's only if you're abusing it.