Venom Launches Power Pack and Stand for Switch

Today Venom announced the launch of their Power Pack and Stand for the Nintendo Switch, a compact, rechargeable battery pack, ideal for gamers on the go.[prebreak]1[/prebreak]

In stores from March 30th 2018, the Power Pack and Stand features a sleek and ergonomic design, perfectly complementing the Nintendo Switch and locking securely into place on the rear of the console for easy access to all the console controls. With a built-in kickstand and additional USB charging point for convenience, the high-capacity 10,000 mAh lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack is a force to be reckoned with, providing over three times the playing time compared to using the Switch alone - perfect for sustained gaming sessions where plug in power is hard to find.

Tom Hodge, Director of Sales for Venom, commented: “We believe that for Nintendo Switch players who like to game on the go, the Power Pack and Stand will prove an essential purchase. Not only does it massively increase overall playtime, but its slimline design doesn’t add a lot of bulk to the console, retaining the portability that gamers love. Add in the integrated kickstand, and we’re convinced that the Power Pack and Stand will be a huge hit with gamers looking to play harder for longer!

image003.jpg

image002.jpg image004.jpg

The Nintendo Switch Power Pack and Stand retails for an SRP of £34.99

:arrow:Venom Official Site
:arrow:Preorder on Amazon

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the output power of the dock? 5v 2A???

I wonder when someone will make something with a 20A battery and trick it into dockstation clocks using the switch screen on portable mod.

If they hack switch and allow that would be cool, but I think the battery power bank would have to output 14V for docsktation mode right?

I have a few not used lipos I could make a high capacity 14v power bank, but would take 4 ever to charge since my charger only charge up to 5Amps, so a bit more than 4 hours to charge a 20A battery with balancing of cells.

Geezerdorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What the fuck
He's not wrong, though. The PSP originally was hacked with a battery! :rofl2:

Hm. Retail price seems to be really really good...but my previous experiences with batteries like this one on the 3DS (lookin' at you, Nyko), had given me a reason to doubt. I'll look forward to get one Soon™, but i'd want opinions and experiences first and foremost.

9f5.png

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted User

seems pretty cool for people who would need this kinda thing but i dont know if "compact" is the word i would use to describe it XD

NickPDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks like a very poor design. I like the idea but if you're playing in handheld mode this looks like it would be very uncomfortable to grip ... my fingers extend to behind the tablet portion while I hold it and this blocks that from happening. So this is only good for tabletop mode in my opinion which is the mode I've played my switch the least in. I'd rather stick with a brick power pack and a cable coming from my pocket or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just get the entire library it's like 4gb