Vector Wii

qusai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For my design class, we had to find a topic off ehow and make a step-by-step newspaper report for it. I chose one of the topics on the Wii so I'm currently working on the main illustration which is the wii console.
Here's what I got so far..

vectorwiikz3.png

I'll post an update once I'm done the vector and the final finished piece
smile.gif

EDIT: weird, upload didn't work.. I'll reupload it..

There we go.. for some reason i couldnt save it as a jpeg =/

UPDATED: http://img15.imgspot.com/?u=/u/07/100/18/wiiiii.png

stretch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice vectoring man! I like how it's quite detailed with shadows, and how the buttons on the console become hard to see due to lighting.

qusai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, this is actually my second vector I've ever done. First one looked like ass though (was a vector of a laptop and the buttons all looked retarded)
I chose the wii cuz of its simple shape if you didn't realise it
wink.gif

qusai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep. All solid colours and gradients with the pen tool. There should have been more gradients and less spot colours but i just got lazy
unsure.gif

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Yep no better way to do it than the pen tool, I used to use the 'Auto Trace' feature in illustrator (lame, yes i know) for me logo, but have recently discovered the wonders of the pen tool
smile.gif

qusai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeh, I used to use live trace too, but took a computer graphics course last semester and I learned how to use the pen tool from all the assignments we did. It makes everything so much easier.
The vector without the retarded background took me about .. 3 hours I'd say? Though I was alt tabbing in between Illustrator and a movie
tongue.gif

The background itself took 10 mins maybe.

Quantum

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So clean and crisp...
But I'll be nit-picky today. There's only one very small thing I noticed: the labels on the buttons (like the power symbol) are upright, but the text below the buttons are slanted, and they look kinda weird. Other than that, very nice job on this. I especially like the background.

qusai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The symbols are actually slanted, I know, the text doesn't look right though which is because its looked at at an angle but the text was typed normally, i just changed the angle a bit, that was the closest i could make it to look realistic but i guess i didn't pull that off (dont even know if that whole sentense made sense.)

qusai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, and jelbo, the .ai file is way too big to upload and most people wouldn't have the software to view it
tongue.gif

Just find an image on the net and try to trace it with the pen tool. As long as you know how to use that tool, you're all set.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou