VD-Dev's thoughts on Resident Evil: Revelations 3DS performance compared to their game, IronFall

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by WaffleWafer, Aug 13, 2015.

1. WaffleWafer
    OP

WaffleWafer GBATemp Novice Lurker

Aug 1, 2015
    Mexico
    Now this isn't a IronHax/Smealum/Ninjhax/conspiracy thread. This is a legit email I've received from VD-Dev themselves where IronFall was just a mere Tech Demo. I sent this email a year ago (6/27/2014) because I was really interested in how they have managed to do so much rendering in their tech demo. I just want to share this with you guys and see what you think about their reply:

Surprisingly, they replied!

I (obviously) played IronFall and the game is somewhat nice, although the textures are kind of low res and blurry compared to Resident Evil. What do you guys think? 60 Fps on Resident Evil?

2. TanookiSuit

TanookiSuit GBAtemp Addict

Nov 11, 2004
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    These are the guys who did that V3D engine I believe they know their stuff. They've been pulling 3D from systems not intended for it since the Gameboy Advance with V-Rally 3 (which displays like a handheld Sega Rally Saturn) so I think they probably have a good grasp on the limits having pounded away at that engine for over a year on 3DS.