Homebrew VC injections (on firmwares up to 10.1)

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't work for GBA injection, and wasn't that already an ambassador title?

Didn't know, should've checked further into it. I knew it was an ambassador title, but I feel really cheated because I would pay all kinds of money to be able to play Amazing Mirror on 3DS and instead I was greeted with lol, here take this because prices

-snip- GBA is NOT VC. You cannot inject GBA ROMs. If you paid any attention to the thread you'd know this is for GBC / GB only.

..my bad, took a stupid guess. :\

RetroBitMig

Banana Boy
Trophies
Website
xn--yck0dzd.xn--q9jyb4c
XP
Country
United States
@shutterbug2000 That zip you uploaded doesn't seem to work. I'm trying to set it up but I always get an error "on line 7". It's at http://teampleb.com/

The one thing I'm wondering about is how to redirect a domain we don't personally own to our own domain. I was going to host it for him, but there was no way I found on how to even point "yls8.mtheall.com" to the subdomain I made.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shutterbug2000 commented a day ago
Let me just give you the whole crashing issue I'm having:

If the site is hosted anywhere BUT yls8.mtheall.com, it seems as if the rop itself never executes(like you mentioned in the other issue).

So, I set up a dns server to allow me to set yls8.mtheall.com to a local ip, which fixes the crashing.
^^ From the github issue page for this project.
Perhaps this is the cause of your problem?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, I'm getting an html error.
@jaksy post seems to describe your problem, since you're hosting it yourself. Line 7 is calling function "browserhaxcfg_parsebinparam()", which has the comment

"//This parses $getbinparam which comes from the "getbin" URL param, and initializes $getbinselect when matching value(s) for $getbinparam are found." in the browserhax_cfg_example.php.

So it's very likely that's the same problem for which he set up a redirect in the first place.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, this is the first time that I want to attempt this. As soon as this is up and online, how does one use this?

Sorry for the noob question that's probably interrupting a conversation. :P

Reactions: PF2M

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jaksy post seems to describe your problem, since you're hosting it yourself. Line 7 is calling function "browserhaxcfg_parsebinparam()", which has the comment

"//This parses $getbinparam which comes from the "getbin" URL param, and initializes $getbinselect when matching value(s) for $getbinparam are found." in the browserhax_cfg_example.php.

So it's very likely that's the same problem for which he set up a redirect in the first place.
Well I'll just delete it and give @shutterbug2000 ftp access. He can set it up. :)
So, this is the first time that I want to attempt this. As soon as this is up and online, how does one use this?

Sorry for the noob question that's probably interrupting a conversation. :P
We're working on that.

Reactions: AutumnWolf

Nyannurs

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Didn't know, should've checked further into it. I knew it was an ambassador title, but I feel really cheated because I would pay all kinds of money to be able to play Amazing Mirror on 3DS and instead I was greeted with lol, here take this because prices

..my bad, took a stupid guess. :\
Sorry. I'm just really, really salty that people keep thinking VC injection = GBA ROMs. Apologizes for e-screaming at you.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not like the VC emulators do; you can close the game and go back to the main menu to reset it, but your guess is as good as mine as to whether the rom is reloaded when that happens...
If you're talking about the Sega 3D classics series they definitely won't work.
Unless I'm uninformed about some of the releases they aren't roms, or even ports for that matter, but enhanced remakes.

the_muteKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm speaking of the Genesis games specifically -- Altered Beast, Sonic 1/2, Streets of Rage 1/2, Ecco, Shinobi III, probably another I've forgotten -- which do run on a (slightly altered) Genesis emulator, but presumably otherwise are running Genesis ROMs with only a few modifications made to them

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm speaking of the Genesis games specifically -- Altered Beast, Sonic 1/2, Streets of Rage 1/2, Ecco, Shinobi III, probably another I've forgotten -- which do run on a (slightly altered) Genesis emulator, but presumably otherwise are running Genesis ROMs with only a few modifications made to them
You are speaking of the 3d classic line though, correct? The ones that allow you to turn the 3d slider on?

Yeah, those are ground up remakes. They reuse the graphical assets, but they are pretty much clones from scratch.

the_muteKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When he said "Genesis games" I assumed he meant the Sega 3D remasters series. The "3D Classics" series by Nintendo doesn't include anything on the Genesis...

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_Classics
M2 developed the Sega 3D remakes, and I remember in interviews them explaining it was much harder to do then they initially thought since they had to remake it from the ground up.
This explains Nintendo's decision to so quickly drop their 3D classics line, as the work load investment was not worth their return.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not 4th of July yet
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It is in India.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wow, only $700?
  • SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze:
    Hey :)
    If I book mark the topic where can I read them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with the profile icon highlighted at the top, and the "bookmarks" banner next to it in gray. Click on that icon and you'll get a list of your bookmarks.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [bans you for not taking a bath] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Who bans the banners?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I just did
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just did