VC, homebrew, to wait or not to wait, dilemma, dilemma

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by xboxinoz, May 11, 2008.

1. xboxinoz

Newcomer xboxinoz Advanced Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Canberra, Australia
    I'm still very addicted to playing Mario Kart Wii online and have therefore resisted the urge to install any of this virtual console stuff onto my Wii yet but must admit it is getting very tempting...

I'm also sitting on firmware 3.1E and have not bothered to update to 3.2 due to the IOS37 nonsense and, other than regaining access to the shop, I see no reason to bother updating.

I've also looked at the future release list of the Wii and have to say there is nothing annouced for the next 3 or 4 months that interests me whatsoever... that doesn't bother me too much as I'm happy with what has recently been released but just saying again, I see nothing that would make me feel the need to update firmwares...

I keep seeing the developments of the homebrew channel and the likes of the SNES channel and part of me thinks I should continue to sit tight until the dust settles on all these developments.... another part of me though thinks why bother with the SNES channel when it is literally only a few old SNES games I would like to replay and would probably be better to just install the VC titles of these...

I'm also obviously weary to see what the big N does next in its firmware, ie, whether it tries to F up the people who've been tampering with channels or whether all continues to be ok... been a while since we've had a firmware update, must be due for another soon I think?

Hmmm... why am I bothering to tell you all this? I dunno... its a Sunday afternoon and I'm bored I guess! Its just the thoughts of a Wii-addict wondering what to do next... and hopefully somebody else out there might relate to my dilemmas!
  2. spyke

Newcomer spyke Member

Mar 4, 2007
    im in the same boat. havent updated to the newest 3.2 [for wiiware] and also dont have access to shop channel [IOS37]. i enjoy playing online as well and will continue to with whatever upcoming games come out.
    just want a sure way to ensure nintendo cant trace homebrew channels or fcuk them up.

time will tell.
  3. TaxiTitan

Member TaxiTitan GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2008
    Update in MKwii will not ruin homebrew.
    I have pal 3.2 and ios 37