• Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (Virtual Console).gba
    • DD2879329EC52BD5372F26B75297A67F1A81215A
  • Super Ghouls'n Ghosts (Virtual Console).gba
    • D323FAEAAACD0C09157EF62128BCCB541DD0AC39
  • Mega Man Zero 4 (Virtual Console).gba
    • 24A774446C8F652C78BB4BD938FC57C612DB3D6C
  • Mega Man Battle Network 3 - Blue (Virtual Console).gba
    • 6E30310F3994803E56170F6D67C5F154A5D91CCB
I know about SMA4's e-reader levels, and I know that battle network has the trading cards given to you, but does anyone know the rest of these differences? It seems like Nintendo has been sneaking a lot of these in, I can't seem to find anything about some of them elsewhere.

Also, has anyone kept a list of all these rereleases?

Last edited by Hking0036,

Hking0036

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some patches for the originals (USA or USA, Europe where applicable) to make them match these.
Super Mario Advance 1/3 have insignificant differences, but Zero 4 and Ghouls'n Ghosts have more going on, when looking at them in HxD.

Attachments

• patches.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 134

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm aware, Game Boy Gallery 4 (JPN) still needs to be dumped. It's a never before released Japanese localization.
I don't think I've seen Europe SMA4 around yet either. The e-reader levels were made available in all languages, not just English.

Last edited by Lumstar,

Hking0036

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm aware, Game Boy Gallery 4 (JPN) still needs to be dumped. It's a never before released Japanese localization.
I don't think I've seen Europe SMA4 around yet either. The e-reader levels were made available in all five languages.
I hadn't heard about that. They also just put out kuru kuru kururin which was only EU/JP and I'm interested in that, I kind of want to know if there's any differences in that. I really want to know what's going on in Zero 4, all these capcom games seem to have the most changes. Makes me wonder if Zero 1/2/3 have any changes either.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hadn't heard about that. They also just put out kuru kuru kururin which was only EU/JP and I'm interested in that, I kind of want to know if there's any differences in that. I really want to know what's going on in Zero 4, all these capcom games seem to have the most changes. Makes me wonder if Zero 1/2/3 have any changes either.

Zero 3 in Japan had e reader card support so maybe that's something but yet again that's in the DS ports of the Zero series

Hking0036

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zero 3 in Japan had e reader card support so maybe that's something but yet again that's in the DS ports of the Zero series
Well, it may be in the DS ports but if it got integrated into the gba rom then surely that's worth mentioning if someone wants to play it on gba, or at least for completeness if nothing else.

AyanamiRei0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, it may be in the DS ports but if it got integrated into the gba rom then surely that's worth mentioning if someone wants to play it on gba, or at least for completeness if nothing else.

From The Cutting Room Floor

Mega Man Zero 3/e-Reader Functions

The Japanese game had e-Reader compatibility that the other versions did not. However, all of the e-Reader content is still in the ROM, fully translated!

Hking0036

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From The Cutting Room Floor

Mega Man Zero 3/e-Reader Functions

The Japanese game had e-Reader compatibility that the other versions did not. However, all of the e-Reader content is still in the ROM, fully translated!
I'm not arguing that they don't exist, I'm just saying that there's no information about Zero 3 on the VC having any changes, but Zero 4 and a number of other VC roms have modifications so hypothetically it could have something like that built in from the DS version like they did with SMA4. Whether or not that's the case is probably more disputable, it's probably not something like that beacuse there (maybe) would be info on that, it's just strange to me that the changes are flying under the radar to everyone when comparatively I think the super mario advance 4 thing was big in terms of new gba stuff.

AyanamiRei0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not arguing that they don't exist, I'm just saying that there's no information about Zero 3 on the VC having any changes, but Zero 4 and a number of other VC roms have modifications so hypothetically it could have something like that built in like the DS version like they did with SMA4. Whether or not that's the case is probably more disputable, it's probably not something like that beacuse there (maybe) would be info on that.

Hmm strange but I can understand why they didn't change any of the roms well apart from Zero 4 the DS version may be why.

Hking0036

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've figured out how to dump the .gbas so now comes some more stuff:

F-Zero Maximum Velocity, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Final Fight One, Mega Man & Bass.

None of the hashes from the VC Dumps match the originals, Final Fight One seems to stop working after the capcom screen but the others seem to load up fine. Here are some patches.

Attachments

• patches.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 122

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos