VC games... worst purchase evar.

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Harsky, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Bought my Wii last week and since a lot of the games I want aren't out yet, I decided to buy a VC point card. First thing I bought was the Internet browser which left me with points to spend on the obvious. The games. Up to this point, I always thought the idea was stupid what with roms etc etc but at that time, I had points. I wanted to spend them. So I did and bought Kid Icarus.

I played this game once before via rom form but never played much of it and seeing as I paid for it, I figured I had incentive to play it some more. Wrong. Yes, it was a frustrating game if you fell but the part that really, really pissed me off was the fact that there was a point where a fair amount of enemies appeared... and the game suffered from slowdowns. SLOWDOWNS.

This made me wonder. If I buy a US Wii, what will the contents be like on it?

2. jumpman17

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

Former Staff
    Apr 11, 2003
    United States
    It emulates the original console. If there were slowdowns on the original console, there will be slowdowns in the virtual console game.

3. KaliKot

KaliKot Newbie

just use an emulator and a rom for the gc. its kinda...free you know?

4. 754boy

754boy :D

Banned
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    Mississippi
    His Wii might not be modded. And Kid Icarus sucked big time. I honestly dont know what the big fuss is about it. [​IMG]

5. Vulpix

Vulpix Newbie

There were slowdowns in the original as well, so it isn't really Nintendo's fault.

6. tjas

tjas The Gbatemp HRManager

Sep 10, 2006
    Netherlands
    BoZ
    Acually it is.. it shoulden't be laggy when they rleased it !

7. ozzyzak

ozzyzak GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 10, 2006
    United States
    San Diego, CA
    You aren't serious, right? It was a hardware limitation at the time. Just gotta deal with it.

8. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I'm a bit pissed that Nintendo releases their games weekly without tweaking it. I really wish someone could describe what's the process in converting a NES game for the Wii. Surely you go through all that time and bother and they say "oh. Slowdowns. Ah forget it. I'll just leave it in"

9. jumpman17

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

Former Staff
    Apr 11, 2003
    United States
    That's just it, they don't do anything to it. It's not like they skip slowdowns, they just slap ROMs on the internet for you to download and play on the built in emulator. There is nothing done to them other then changing their file format so they can't be copied to other systems.

10. mike10

mike10 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2004

they actually put out updates for starfox 64 that added slowdown just like the original version of the game

11. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    mike10: I HOPE SONY MAKES AN UPDATE FOR THE PS3 WHICH SIMULATES DRE LIKE THE PS2. BOY THEY WERE FUN.

12. Remy669

Remy669 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2007
    Netherlands
    I bought Paper Mario and Ocarina of Time. And i didn't have any slowdowns yet =S I have a Pal Wii [​IMG]

13. Icarus

Icarus fire walk with me

Feb 3, 2006
    United States
    Big Appleu
    I'm saving my last 500 points for Super Mario Bros 3 when it comes out. Other than that, I only got Paper Mario on my Wii and that's really enough for me.

14. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    I've had no slowdowns with PC engine games, plus theres a lot of classics on it that I've not really played all the way though.

15. Hitto

Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

Nov 29, 2005
    France
    Nice, France
    You know what your problem is?
    You're paying for 20-year old roms. You're ENCOURAGING them.

16. Vater Unser

Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Oct 28, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Pen Island
    So true [​IMG]

17. directive0

directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2006
    Canada
    Toronto, Ont.
    QFT