I suggest you read the change log next time
wink.gif

majinvegeta123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow thats sucks makes me not even wanna use it w.e idc he doesnt relize how many poeple he would make happy does he? its been out for 3 years and theres still no cheat support? thats why xbox 360 and ps3 are 100 million times better then vbagx will ever be....

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
majinvegeta123 said:
wow thats sucks makes me not even wanna use it w.e idc he doesnt relize how many poeple he would make happy does he? its been out for 3 years and theres still no cheat support? thats why xbox 360 and ps3 are 100 million times better then vbagx will ever be....

that comparison doesnt make sense like comparing the nes to the ps1
you seem to be the only one whining about cheat support. if there was alot of demand im sure he would have done it

majinvegeta123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im just sayin u shouldnt have to wait more then 3 years fro cheat support its very anoying.... and it doesnt matter how many people want it its not getting done... it doesnt take 3 years im not saying its easy but it doesnt take 3 years that crazy

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I use that "GBA Auto Trainer Maker by cracker" and hard code my roms with the cheats I'll be using. It works for both my flash card (slot 2) as well as the emulator on the wii. Just s thought.

GWEndlessDuel

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
majinvegeta123 said:
im just sayin u shouldnt have to wait more then 3 years fro cheat support its very anoying.... and it doesnt matter how many people want it its not getting done... it doesnt take 3 years im not saying its easy but it doesnt take 3 years that crazy

You act like you're personally funding the author for vbagx. If you want cheats on the fly so bad then go code an emulator that has it yourself. People like you are seriously part of what is wrong with the scene. Fucking rom kiddie.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Guys,please be easy and polite with majinvegeta123!
It is not illogical to ask why Tantric's VBA GX does not support cheats while Snes GX and FCE GX do indeed support and they are programmed by the same authors. As for demand,I am not sure that there isn't any.At this time,there are available in the internet only 50 or so cheats for FCE GX and over a thousand for VBA GX.
If you take a look at http://code.google.com/p/vba-wii/issues/list,you' ll see that while Tantric announced cheat support implementation almost 1,5 years ago,he quitly cancelled it without giving a specific reason.

GWEndlessDuel

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
majinvegeta123 said:
GWEndlessDuel wow dude f you ur mother doesnt love you scrub do me a favor and get lost... i didnt ask for your 2 cents anyway

If you don't want anybody's "2 cents" then don't post on a public forum, scrub. On another note perhaps you should worry less about your precious little roms and cheats and more about staying in school as well.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
t is not illogical to ask why Tantric's VBA GX does not support cheats while Snes GX and FCE GX do indeed support and they are programmed by the same authors. As for demand,I am not sure that there isn't any.

There is something you fail to understand: it's not about how many people think such feature would be "cool" or not, it's about someone who gives you its free time coding stuff for free and have no interest or motivation in adding something. The fact other emulators does have cheats support is also irrelevant, those are different emulators and as you have no idea how these emulators work, you have absolutely no idea how difficult or boring it would be to add cheat support in VBA GX...

At the end, tantric do what he wants to do, he is not your "tool" neither he does owe us anything: if people are not happy with that, they should do something more useful than crying, go learn some coding or beg someone else.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Jacobeian said:
QUOTE said:
t is not illogical to ask why Tantric's VBA GX does not support cheats while Snes GX and FCE GX do indeed support and they are programmed by the same authors. As for demand,I am not sure that there isn't any.

There is something you fail to understand: it's not about how many people think such feature would be "cool" or not, it's about someone who gives you its free time coding stuff for free and have no interest or motivation in adding something. The fact other emulators does have cheats support is also irrelevant, those are different emulators and as you have no idea how these emulators work, you have absolutely no idea how difficult or boring it would be to add cheat support in VBA GX...

At the end, tantric do what he wants to do, he is not your "tool" neither he does owe us anything: if people are not happy with that, they should do something more useful than crying, go learn some coding or beg someone else.

Once again,harsh words Jacobeian...
I do understand everything,believe me.And of course Tantric is not anybody's 'tool' and he does not owe us anything.I have a GREAT respect for him and from time to time I have personnally expressed my gratitude to him (via Tehskeen forums,a long time ago).
For the last time,I am not begging anyone,I am not crying and I have no free time,interest or talent and skills to learn some coding.Please,deal with it.
I just contribute to the scene by romtesting and feel lucky that there are people like Tantric who offer us such great emulators in their free time.
But,what principle decides what to ask him and what not?What principle judges my questions?I am polite,I respect his work and every little thing I wrote for his work is positive.If Tantric feels offended by anything written by me or other people has the free right to answer himself.Or even to ignore it completely.He does not need anyone to answer or hypothetically defend him from fans questions.And I don't need anyone to censor my polite questions in a democratic world.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
easy: because everytime someone post about cheat support, he makes it sounds as if it's not normal it's not yet implemented and it should be top priority because off course it's easy to do (but you know, "I'm not a programmer"), etc, etc... Go read your posts back if you don't believe me, if I were the developper, I'd be pretty pissed and annoyed by these kind of comment and yes, it's hard to ignore them when you basically work for others.

Now, by asking the same questions and writing the same complaints again & again (even in a polite way), you are either ignoring what the developper said hundred of time or not respecting his decision (that is, he WON'T implement cheat support himself, for whatever reason, it's his choice after all).

Your problem is that you can't accept this matter of fact and the more you ask for it, the worst it would be.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well,I really appreciate your civilized answer.
If my posts have pissed and annoyed some people,I apologize...
But,the purpose of my question was not to annoy anyone and especially Tantric.But also,I am pretty sure that I don't ask the same questions again and again.If you think otherwise and have some evidence,please show me and I will gladly apologize again.
Finally,I am not ignoring what the developper said.In fact,he has not said anything for the specific matter.
I simply ask the reasons and I am not bumping this thread in order to bias an answer.
I have nothing personnal with you,and believe it or not I appreciate you a lot.We may have arguments but I would never offend you or misjudge you.
Sorry for everything and thanks for everything.
Can we now be in peace?
laugh.gif

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the authors love doing this and i would too if i had the knowledge to do so. i am not motivated enough to do learn. its gotta feel great to make a program that MANY people are going to use.

as for implementing the cheats, why don't you make a feature request on the google code page? just do it politely and ask. hell even pm the author if you catch him on this forum. if you ask nicely you may get an answer if it will happen or why it will never happen.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The simplest answer is time is not unlimited - I don't have time to do everything. These days I focus my time on WiiMC. Just because someone releases something, does that obligate them to continually fix, add to, or otherwise update it?

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Tantric said:
The simplest answer is time is not unlimited - I don't have time to do everything. These days I focus my time on WiiMC. Just because someone releases something, does that obligate them to continually fix, add to, or otherwise update it?

Of course not.I do not question your rights Tantric and certainly I feel gratefull for your work!Your contribution to the Wii scene is phenomenal with so many great projects that we feel lucky that you spend your free time for these projects.
Thanks for your answer and I wish you best luck to everything you are working!

majinvegeta123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tantric said.... (I don't have time to do everything) ok fine i get its not getting done but some1 b4 on this post mentioned u said u were gonna do it like years ago and never mentioned anything about not doing it/changing ur mind....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr