Homebrew VBAgx,Snes9xgx, FCEugx, and genplus crash at odd times.

Drager0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever I load up any of the above emulators from my HDD, they work up until I move the wiimote cursor over certain areas of the screen (The top and bottom of some, and the scroll bar for others), and at other times just randomly crash a couple seconds after startup. I've found that if I use my classic controller (pro) to browse the menu's, it generaly works fine, but it's very annoying having to keep the wiimote away from the screen, and still just randomly crashing at times. Other apps, like USB loader and wii64 load fine, just these 4 seem to screw up. I can't seem to find anything about this with a couple google searches, so I was wondering if anybody here could help?

I'm running system menu 4.3, North american wii , and have the latest HBC installed.

Edit: Also, using my classic controller pro on wii64 works fine, after downloading the fix found here but when I press the right dpad button, it seems to think I'm pressing a bunch of the directional buttons as well. I've read about other people having this issue, but has a fix ever been found?

Drager0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Old8oy said:
you're booting them from a HDD? can you link to the HDD you are using?

It's a laptop hardrive that was placed inside a case to make it an external HDD. I bought it off kijiji, so I'm not sure about the manufacturer.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have a flash drive, try moving the files over and booting the emus from there. doesn't need to be a big flash drive, just trying to narrow down the issue.

Drager0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Old8oy said:
if you have a flash drive, try moving the files over and booting the emus from there. doesn't need to be a big flash drive, just trying to narrow down the issue.

They all still crashed after a few seconds.

Edit: Same thing when launching from an SD card.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, you've got me stumped. All I can think of is that you either have corrupted files or an IOS problem.

any chance you might be able to try the emus out via SD?
edit: you're quick.

Drager0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
justjack said:
Is your Wii connected to the internet? If not, remove the "no_ios_reload" line from the meta.xml of each app.

Alright, but just wondering, what does removing this do?

Edit: Huh, it seems to have fixed it.

Does anybody know if the wii64 bug I mentioned in the OP has ever been fixed?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would explain the odd random issues I've experienced off my HDD. Snes9gx in particular has random black screens (NO white text/error messages)after loading a ROM; it would show the load progress bar, then...nothing. Just a black screen and no message. Sometimes, it does this, other times, no black screen. I am connected to the internet, but have WiiConnect24 switched off. But now that I have BootMii/Priiloader, I need not worry about updates.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was actually wondering about this as well. But, I'm glad it's finally been answered.
smile.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
It's actually a fairly common bug that is being posted regularly, and the answer is always the same.

That's why I really think it should be stickied somewhere in these forums until the bug in HBC is fixed.

Btw, DaveBaol has come with a neat solution that involves using the feature (i.e full access to hardware) to patch the current IOS in RAM then reload it.
Problem is that DVD access (which is the sole reason of using that thing) is still broken even if full access to hardware is granted by the patch.
It seems to be related to another register which must correctly be set for DVD commands to be accepted but we don't have working patch yet.

I've sent PM/email to some emu authors to let them know about this solution with hope it gave them some ideas because it's annoying to always need to have wifi ON when you don't even need it !

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got an error message to display (DSI exception), but posting would be pointless as Dborth all but abandoned Snes9xGx.

Code Dump

8034DBBC-->8035B0DC-->803E7FC-->800454DC

Every other program
runs fine off of my HDD! Snes9gx is the ONLY one that has sporadic crashing!

Other programs that run without any crashes: (*All Wii games run perfectly)

GenplusGX
USB Loader GX*
CFG Loader*
Homebrew Channel
MMM

Snes9xGx is the only one giving me issues. Everything else doesn't. And before you ask,
I did NOT see the text "no_ios_load" in the XML file. Why? I don't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls