Homebrew VBAGX - color palettes

Dogway

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I edited palettes.xml with some colors, I share here for people who want to try out:

CODEGB Green

ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ

GB pocket

ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ

This is nice, I start super mario land, and in the second level or so, mario and other enemies turn black, then its impossible to fix, either savingstate, reinitialise,restart, switching video settings ON/OFF... Any way I can fix this? or is something Tantric has to fix?

It would be good too that when loading a saving state, it doesnt matter the palette you are using at the moment. As for now you need to have applied the same palette than the saved state.

Another thing, I couldnt load "The Lion King (U)"... Wii directly freezes.

And at last, how can I set the "Update" notification off from vbagx?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you mean this lion king?
zwischenablage01fl.jpg

Load fine for me. It's not easy to remove the update message, but why don't update? You can try my version, check my signature, that's the latest svn compiled with the latest libogc and libfat svn, that's faster than the official version, and it's compiled with the wiiuse fix to use third party classic controller and nunchucks.
edit: could you please upload the super mario land savestate before it freeze?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had a similar issue with mario land. i got to the oriental level and all the mario & enemy sprites turned white. nothing i could do fixed it, even loading a previously working save state. and i wasnt using any custom palate, just the default stuff.

it seems to be a bug somewhere in the emulator.

Dogway

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tested:

Magically everything seemed to go perfect, Lion King loaded (maybe it didnt like some video settings at that time) with the green palette on, and Mario Land could go up to the submarine level (3-1) without issues.

The only issue in fact was savingstate would mess some sprites colors. Only by saving, and going back to play would trigger the artifact with palettes on. Could this be caused because I used some not allowed color codes on my palette?

@FIX94: I use 2.2.0 version, but Im not very worried still, at the moment Im playing genplusgx, so its just fine tuning the Wii and its emulators. I would like to update, my only concern is the HW_AHBPROT integration together with the IOS58 compatibility, bla bla bla Tantric is so persuasive with. I still run everything the old way, and Im a happy boy (that is what everything is about right?) I dont understand the new things so I dont want to risk, moreover because my Wii is booted as IOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea