VBAGX and HUGOGX CHANNEL FORWARDER HELP??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Griffballchamp, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Griffballchamp
    OP

Griffballchamp Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    United States
    VBAGX and HUGOGX CHANNEL FORWARDER HELP??

when i click on the channel and hit start, they load up and than kick back out to wii menu. if I go to the emulators thru the homebrew channel they work fine.

advice?

I even installed the vbagx through homebrew channel and it still does it. The turbografx channel says I need to place boot.dol in the hugo gx folder? hugo gx does have a boot.dol and the channel is a .wad so i cant put anything in it. Should i place the .wad in the hugo gx apps folder?

Ive tried the Mastershoes one too. same thing.

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Are the emulators saved to your sd card or hard drive?

If you're using an old forwarder channel some of them won't detect hard drives (sd only). If you grab one of the latest forwarders (I think my thread on channels should still be up to date if the download links haven't died) it will be able to load apps off of not only fat32 hard drives but ntfs as well. If u prefer the look of a different channel you can extract the dol from a working channel and inject into you're preferred wad using customize mii. You can extract dols using customize mii or create custom forwarder dols using Modmii's advanced downloads module.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/x-flaks-top-wii-channels.205622/

http://www.mediafire.com/?q81nr8xrw5385

https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

3. Griffballchamp
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    United States
    i got it working, one folder on each channel was mis spelled. matched up the spelling and now were golden.

Now, you know a good link or tutorial on how to get cover art to show?

Im running everything off an sd card so no usb loader gx.

or should i move everything to a flash drive and install usb loader gx? i dont have a hdd and cant really afford one right now, but have a couple 16gb flashdrives laying around.

I just see alot of peolpe on reddit having problems with usb loader gx.

4. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    I've always used configurable USB loader, but USB loader gx has become more popular with its integration of GameCube support and I think even emulators. I still use a different app for each console I emulate and never really cared much for GameCube games so I never made the switch to USB loader gx.

Downloading cover art is easy, in configurable USB loader it's built right into the settings, GX is probably similar.

You can try a flash drive but be prepared for potential compatibility issues. And you won't be able to fit much on a 16GB flash drive, but still if that's larger than your SD card than it might be worth while trying. That all being said, if you can afford a external hard drive that's definitely the way to go. If you want a cheap way of getting a hard drive, you can harvest one out of an old broken computer (assuming it broke for a reason other than a failed hard drive) and insert it into a hard drive enclosure/case which are dirt cheap on Amazon.

5. Griffballchamp
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    United States

How do i get the files from Mastershoes links to media fire? I tried downloading the NES standard spine, but media fire says that mastershoes doesnt have enough bandwith to download, than tells me i can use my own bandwidth but basically have to pay them to become a premium user to do so.

Theres got to be another link or site or dropbox link or something out there?!?!

I want cover art for nes, snes, sega genesis/sega cd, turbografx16, basically everything.