Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was sure I'd seen posts of this sort before, but I couldn't find any
frown.gif

If you couldn't tell from the topic, I was just wondering if there was a way to use Visual Boy Advance Save files with the saving format used when using the EZ Flash 3-in-1 Expansion back and an M3 Simply with Rudolph's tool. As of now, I don't actually have the card (2-4 days), so I can't test it, but because the gba saves are put into /GBA/Save on the microsd, maybe this could work?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the 3in1 needs saves to be 128 kb in size to work. Destructobot created a simple program that pads them to 128 kb if you need it. Otherwise they should be compatible.

2dere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
EDIT: Okay was I said below was crap. DanTheManMS was right about file save size. I found the VBA .sav files were 64K when 3in1 reads 128K. I noticed in the emulation tab it has 64/128 save size but I couldn't use that to it the right size. Also Dan, I couldn't find the tool you mentioned before you want to post a link to put us the right way? I'm now as interested as dmonkey21 about getting this to work as I wanna carry over my Shinning Soul .sav now.

It worked for me without a problem. I'll check again to make sure now because I'd hate to put you crook. (There was one game that I had started again with, Ninja 5-0 and I can't remember if that was by choice or it didn't work you see.)

dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Okay was I said below was crap. DanTheManMS was right about file save size. I found the VBA .sav files were 64K when 3in1 reads 128K. I noticed in the emulation tab it has 64/128 save size but I couldn't use that to it the right size. Also Dan, I couldn't find the tool you mentioned before you want to post a link to put us the right way? I'm now as interested as dmonkey21 about getting this to work as I wanna carry over my Shinning Soul .sav now.

It worked for me without a problem. I'll check again to make sure now because I'd hate to put you crook. (There was one game that I had started again with, Ninja 5-0 and I can't remember if that was by choice or it didn't work you see.)

O wow thank you guys for all your help. I hadn't really realized that the 2 save types were basically in the same format. If you could post that tool ya that'd be great, but as I said before i can't test it yet
frown.gif
I'm getting the expansion pack sumtime this week.

I know what you're talking about with the save types where you can choose the types + the filesize, but my only experience in that regard is that to play DBZ Buu's Fury you must change it to 128k + EEPROM. If it's already like that, could't I use my Buu's Fury save straight to the card?

2dere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I always have troubles finding things in the download categories I did try look for it after DanTheManMS' post.
Without being able to find the converter I just loaded my save up via VBA removed my 64K save and got VBA to make another at 128K and it worked fine. Only to forget to post my results and see that an easier alternative has been made available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol