VBA/TGB Dual Linking

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by An00bis, Aug 25, 2009.

Aug 25, 2009

VBA/TGB Dual Linking by An00bis at 3:38 PM (2,948 Views / 0 Likes) 0 replies

1. An00bis
    OP

Newcomer An00bis Advanced Member

United States
    So I've been playing pokemon crystal the past few days, and my file is getting pretty good (level 100 feraligatr, a few in their 70's, most legends caught). So I'd like to link up with a pokemon red/blue/yellow rom and get some version exclusive pokemon. Now, I've heard from a few sites that VBA link doesn't work with GBC/GB games, and I never had much luck with it in the first place, so I'm not really going to bother with that :3.

I tried TGB Dual a second ago. After a LOT of restarting red and playing through to link, I finally got it working, with Crystal on window 1 and Red on window 2. I did the trade, saved my crystal (battery and savestate, about 10 times..). Now, I didn't know which one of the save files TGB was reading (there was .sav, .sa2, etc..), so, I copied all of them into my folder where VBA reads saves from. They were under the same name, but when I boot up VBA, the save is from where I saved before I even started using TGB dual [​IMG] However, TGB dual, when rebooted, DOES read the save post-trade..

PS: A quick question, I found a Gameshark code that allows you to fight all the gym leaders of johto and kanto again.
    017F7CD5
    01007DD5
    01144ED8
    01E04FD8
    It says it works with gold,silver, and crystal. But... it's not working for me :x. Other codes from this same source that say they work for g/s/c worked, so I wonder if this is just a bad code? If someone knows one like this that works, I'd appreciate it too..