Homebrew RELEASE VBA-next for Switch(works 4.1)

vgplayer54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fantastic work on this! It works perfectly! I have a quick question though - I am using VBA Next 0.6 with the cheats option available however, it appears that regardless of which kind of cheat I enter, it doesn't work. I press the X Button to open the menu, select "Cheat", then enter the Gameshark code. I then enter a description for that code and press OK. I ensure it is marked as Active and return to the game but it doesn't take effect. I have tried numerous codes from multiple Gameshark websites, even tried Action Replay and Code Breaker codes but nothing works. Am I missing something?

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man this emulator is a blast. The only issue I've had with it so far is that Kingdom Hearts doesn't boot and freezes everything. Have to force the switch to power down. Has anyone else run into this? I saw someone else couldn't boot KH, but they couldn't boot anything else so I don't think our issue is related. Or... Do I just have a bad KH rom...?

Jackxlj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic work on this! It works perfectly! I have a quick question though - I am using VBA Next 0.6 with the cheats option available however, it appears that regardless of which kind of cheat I enter, it doesn't work. I press the X Button to open the menu, select "Cheat", then enter the Gameshark code. I then enter a description for that code and press OK. I ensure it is marked as Active and return to the game but it doesn't take effect. I have tried numerous codes from multiple Gameshark websites, even tried Action Replay and Code Breaker codes but nothing works. Am I missing something?
Where did you find a version with a cheat menu?

FearItSelf23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this one did get dropped... That kinda sucks.

It's only a matter of time before we have emulators up the walls on the Switch. Honestly it's amazing how well this works this early in the console's life.

In a few years we'll probably have much better UI design both through Nintendo official updates and cfw changes and wont recognize what we currently see as the homebrew scene. For sure enjoy what we have now, but this isn't the final form by a long shot.

Reactions: Xenosaiga

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only a matter of time before we have emulators up the walls on the Switch. Honestly it's amazing how well this works this early in the console's life.

In a few years we'll probably have much better UI design both through Nintendo official updates and cfw changes and wont recognize what we currently see as the homebrew scene. For sure enjoy what we have now, but this isn't the final form by a long shot.
Very true. This one works very well as it is. My biggest concern is finding an emulator that is better and nicer in the future and not being able to transfer my saves.

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Very true. This one works very well as it is. My biggest concern is finding an emulator that is better and nicer in the future and not being able to transfer my saves.
As far as I know save files are often very universal between emulators.
Atleast my Pokemon Emerald save file works flawlessly with the new emulator, which wasn't much of an surprise, since it's also based of VBA-M(but another derivation, which supports a ton of features VBA-next lacks).

FearItSelf23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I could maybe see save states as an issue, but saves should be universal. The save file is generated by the game and the difference between emulators is more likely to be where it writes and reads from. Format though was determined by Nintendo.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is still being worked on? It would be great if there was a fix for the menus docked. If you have a lot of files, it won't show all of them because of the shrunken screen.

GaySquidward

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If this is still being worked on? It would be great if there was a fix for the menus docked. If you have a lot of files, it won't show all of them because of the shrunken screen.
They're still there, keep scrolling, it just weirdly cuts them off even though it looks like the UI keeps going

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse